• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P31

Reaction score
if u hav 2 eyes then u must have seen tht there were bubbles Around A so "A" RUSTED BUT U R ALSO CORRECT ABT "B"..............HOPE BOTH OV them ARE CORRECT.......if the reasons stated are correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i rote B bcoz lose of electrons.....hope its correct

Reaction score
Guyz i think it is B because of electron flow in the circuit !!!
But what about the question that ask about the measurements needed to be taken t calculate the rate of rusting ???

Reaction score
Guyz i think it is B because of electron flow in the circuit !!!
But what about the question that ask about the measurements needed to be taken t calculate the rate of rusting ???
ik my answers are wrong, but this is what I wrote:
the time taken for the rusting take place.(increase in mass of the electrode)
the thickness of the electrode

Reaction score
ik my answers are wrong, but this is what I wrote:
the time taken for the rusting take place.(increase in mass of the electrode)
the thickness of the electrode
i wrote change in mass/ time taken and yes ratios shud be in whole numbers. but i want to ask u a question did it ask for state symbols in ionic formula? and do i get it wrong if i wrote 2Ag++2Cl-=2AgCl, multipled all by 2 for some reason :/

Reaction score
Here is what the question said....
The electrolye was like Fe(III) something......

The electrodes were of iron, and there was a pipe of oxygen at the anode.....
I put B and I was sure, but now Im confused....coz oxidation is loss of electons and the electrons are being lost at the cathode in this situation.....but its anode that is oxidised when its like a metal and like a non metal, here they are both metals(Iron) so oxidation could occur at both electrodes, and since the flow is from B to A it should be B....

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 14