• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P4| A2 only

Reaction score
guys plz guide me!I have prepapred all the pastpapers and everything from the book!how do i revise the course now,like should i only study the applicatoins booklet and the revise my notes plus do the As organic aswell?

Reaction score
guys plz guide me!I have prepapred all the pastpapers and everything from the book!how do i revise the course now,like should i only study the applicatoins booklet and the revise my notes plus do the As organic aswell?
Exactly!

Reaction score
ok...in may june 2011 in Q3 part c ms says that BR2 is produced at anode instead of O2 by electrolysis of aqueos MgBr2!is this correct

Reaction score
hey you guys .. OCtober november 2007 .. question number 4) b) ii)

its supposed to be a simple enthalpy question ... can someone help me on the PbCl2 + Cl2 ----> PbCl4 ??
why didnt they include +244kJmol-1 for the Cl2??

Reaction score
ok...in may june 2011 in Q3 part c ms says that BR2 is produced at anode instead of O2 by electrolysis of aqueos MgBr2!is this correct
yes, you can check with Standard electrode potentials if you want. Usually, instead of O2, halogens (except Flourine) Cl2, Br2, and I2 get released when electrolysis takes place in aqueous solutions.

Reaction score
I dont think so!the reduction potential of br2 is more positive than that of forming o2 so it should be more difficult to oxidise

Reaction score
I dont think so!the reduction potential of br2 is more positive than that of forming o2 so it should be more difficult to oxidise
i agree wit h u i also think o2 should be the ans..........as o2 is easier to get oxidised...............

Reaction score
also what values do you look at? please help :( I'm soo failing this exam :cry: i don't know anything and smz imran thanks for solving my question broo :)

Reaction score
smzimran bro, the ph= pka + log(salt/acid) is this like a proper formula?
Also, do we take the MOLES of salt and the acid or the CONCENTRATION?