• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P41 How was it?

How hard was it?

• Easy

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • medium

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Hard!!!

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I think I messed up a bit there. I got something like 2.5x10^3. What did u put for the last part of last question, what reaction formed the cross-links?
dont remember much about last question it was hard i thing il lose 4-5 marks there it self

Reaction score
I think I messed up a bit there. I got something like 2.5x10^3. What did u put for the last part of last question, what reaction formed the cross-links?
i rote hydrogen bonding formd cross links and i biliv it is da ryt ans

Reaction score
If you look at the dissociation of ethanoic acid, for example, the reaction is feasible (and actually it does occur), BUT, the equilibrium still lies more to the left.
The Ecell, value was 0.23V, which is very low, so the reaction is not that spontaneous .
So it actually lies more to the reactants.
Well then we would never be sure whether a reaction would be to the right or not. I mean, we never took a certain threshold which, if you go above it, the forward reaction would be favoured, and if you go below it, the reverse reaction would be favoured. Besides, if the reverse reaction was favoured, then you would be contradicting that Kc value you proved to everyone you got right. If you look at the values of the concentrations of the products, you would find that they were much greater than those of the reactants, so the forward reaction is favoured. Isn't that true?

Reaction score
Well then we would never be sure whether a reaction would be to the right or not. I mean, we never took a certain threshold which, if you go above it, the forward reaction would be favoured, and if you go below it, the reverse reaction would be favoured. Besides, if the reverse reaction was favoured, then you would be contradicting that Kc value you proved to everyone you got right. If you look at the values of the concentrations of the products, you would find that they were much greater than those of the reactants, so the forward reaction is favoured. Isn't that true?
this question is so stupid and confusing because first of all i thought that when a reaction is in equilibrium it means both have equal concentrations so its not favoured to the left or to the right its equal..but then i thought examiners can't do that without stating in the question "or equal amount of both" so i said hmm..since the value is less than 0.3v then there will be less products that reactants but then when i calculated the Kc value i was lime wth is this :eek: it shows its favoured forward :( i don't know whats the correct answer to this stupid question arghhh

Reaction score
What did u all do for the protein helix and the primary and tertiary structure

Reaction score
What did u all do for the protein helix and the primary and tertiary structure
protein helix is formd by hydrogen bonding btwn co anf nh group in the side chains
and primary structure i rote about only covalent bonding and tertiary dos four bonding(all in details ofcourse)

Reaction score
protein helix is formd by hydrogen bonding btwn co anf nh group in the side chains
and primary structure i rote about only covalent bonding and tertiary dos four bonding(all in details ofcourse)

Ok that's what I did

Reaction score
ok you guys what about that thing with the protein formation and DNA formation? When I first looked at it I thought is this supposed to be a trick question? But then when I started worrying what if it is? I mean technically, you do need an adenine base, for example, in both protein synthesis (when you're coding for the amino acid at the beginning in mRNA and tRNA) as well as DNA formation. I mean it could be both. So I ticked both, but then I doubted they wanted both columns ticked so I cancelled it, then thought about it a lot, then made a whole mess, then my mind was about to explode....
These questions which appear so easy always make me suspicious :confused:

Reaction score
ok you guys what about that thing with the protein formation and DNA formation? When I first looked at it I thought is this supposed to be a trick question? But then when I started worrying what if it is? I mean technically, you do need an adenine base, for example, in both protein synthesis (when you're coding for the amino acid at the beginning in mRNA and tRNA) as well as DNA formation. I mean it could be both. So I ticked both, but then I doubted they wanted both columns ticked so I cancelled it, then thought about it a lot, then made a whole mess, then my mind was about to explode....

I was thinking of the samething I only ticked DNA replication for adenine

Reaction score
they really did gv most of the marks in dis sort of table ques dis tym-__-....i ticked adenine and phosphate only for dna and other two fr protein!! idk if im wrng or nt

Reaction score

I put adenine and phosphate for DNA formation, and alanine and aspartate for protein formation. It's true that adenine could be both though.