• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry p41: How'd it go peeps?

Reaction score
I think it gave less CO_2 because it had a lower carbon composition? I mean, coal is basically carbon and the other fuel has long hydrocarbon chain.
For removal, I said you could pass it over an alkaline solution and (don't ask me why) due to their different condensation points. The second option should have been: "Bubble through limewater", I believe. How about you?
BTW, how did the Na2(SO4) affect the E value? I said it had no effect on any as it is just an spectator ion, but thinking back it probably had the common ion effect with the Ag, hence shifting its eq?
Yeah I wrote that longer hydrocarbons would produce more CO2 during combustion. I wrote about limewater, fractional distillation and squeezed in gas liquid chromatography as well.
Damn those electrochemistry questions! Anyway I wrote no effect for when it was added to the iron half cell because as you said spectator ion. I said it would decrease the Ecell for silver though. Again as you said common ion effect.
Btw what was the Ksp? And how did the polymers properties change when that monomer was added?

Reaction score
Yeah I wrote that longer hydrocarbons would produce more CO2 during combustion. I wrote about limewater, fractional distillation and squeezed in gas liquid chromatography as well.
Damn those electrochemistry questions! Anyway I wrote no effect for when it was added to the iron half cell because as you said spectator ion. I said it would decrease the Ecell for silver though. Again as you said common ion effect.
Btw what was the Ksp? And how did the polymers properties change when that monomer was added?
I actually wrote fractional distillation BUT I changed it because they were not liquids?
Can't remember the Ksp, I remember something like 6.25 x 10 ^-5 or something like that?
And I said that it was more soluble as the -NH2 can form more Hydrogen bonds with water.

Reaction score
I actually wrote fractional distillation BUT I changed it because they were not liquids?
Can't remember the Ksp, I remember something like 6.25 x 10 ^-5 or something like that?
And I said that it was more soluble as the -NH2 can form more Hydrogen bonds with water.
Liquify the gases before doing it? Hell, I don't know.
Got the Ksp right then. Oh that's a good point. I wrote about cross links and the polymer being more compact.

Reaction score
Got the Ksp right then. Oh that's a good point. I wrote about cross links and the polymer being more compact.
Yeah that's right too. I think as long as you mention: solubility, compactness and m.p./b.p. due to more hydrogen bonds, I think you're fine.
Ahh the examiner will smile when he/she reads my crossing out of fractional distillation
What other qs were there which were weird?

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be less compact because there are more branching points?

Reaction score
BTW for the third structure of C3Hx, some people drew cyclic propane.
Do you think they'd give me the mark for drawing 2 double bonds? as in CH2=C=CH2?

Reaction score
for the first question what did you guys write the formula for floride and oxygen where they said 3 atoms of flourine and oxygen...... and what was the structure of this compound?

Reaction score
BTW for the third structure of C3Hx, some people drew cyclic propane.
Do you think they'd give me the mark for drawing 2 double bonds? as in CH2=C=CH2?
Well they did say y is variable. What you made fits the conditions they gave. I would give you the mark (y)

Reaction score
question 1 the formula i suggested AlF3 and Al2O3 i drew out AlFl3 in the dot and cross diagram, bond angle 12o degree's and a shape of a trigonal planar. The type of reaction i suggested was a displacement reaction, and the equation was FCl+KBr-->KCl+FBr, Chlorine will displace the bromine instead of the fluroine because the flourine has a strong pull on the electrons of the F-Cl bond.

Reaction score
question 1 the formula i suggested AlF3 and Al2O3 i drew out AlFl3 in the dot and cross diagram, bond angle 12o degree's and a shape of a trigonal planar. The type of reaction i suggested was a displacement reaction, and the equation was FCl+KBr-->KCl+FBr, Chlorine will displace the bromine instead of the fluroine because the flourine has a strong pull on the electrons of the F-Cl bond.
I called it a redox reaction. Cl went from +1 to -1 and br from -1 to +1.