• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry p41: How'd it go peeps?

Reaction score
When an alkaline solution was added and they asked for the two products i drew out the alkyl attatched to the ring and sodium added to C=O

Reaction score
When an alkaline solution was added and they asked for the two products i drew out the alkyl attatched to the ring and sodium added to C=O
It was COO- and CHI3
I didn't put the Na+ (COO-Na+) because it said alkaline solution, not NaOH
I don't think you'd lose marks tho

Reaction score
thanks god!, in the x-ray diffraction i said that phosphorus would produce the most intense spot because it contains the most electrons. i draw out a key lock model in the enzyme question explained how a substrate binded into the enzyme's active site. enzymes catalysis the reaction and the products diffuse out. In the non competitve part i described how the inhibitor bind to another binding site, alters the enzymes shape so that the substrate can no longer bind to the active site. There was another organic question that asked for drawing out isomers of C5H10, one isomer had one of the C atoms in the C=C bond bonded to two hydrogens and the other carbon had an ethyl and a methyl

Reaction score
thanks god!, in the x-ray diffraction i said that phosphorus would produce the most intense spot because it contains the most electrons. i draw out a key lock model in the enzyme question explained how a substrate binded into the enzyme's active site. enzymes catalysis the reaction and the products diffuse out. In the non competitve part i described how the inhibitor bind to another binding site, alters the enzymes shape so that the substrate can no longer bind to the active site. There was another organic question that asked for drawing out isomers of C5H10, one isomer had one of the C atoms in the C=C bond bonded to two hydrogens and the other carbon had an ethyl and a methyl
Yes, yes, yes and yes (assuming by 'the other carbon' you mean the 2 cis-trans isomers which were exactly the same)

Reaction score
in the shale gas Q cud v make 2 isomers of C3Hy with H as 8 ,and one other structure of C3H6 ? or the isomer wont b counted as an other structure?

Reaction score
btw what do u guys think the gt for an A will be? somewhere between 60-70? or higher?

Reaction score
btw what do u guys think the gt for an A will be? somewhere between 60-70? or higher?
Should be a 67-68 mark gt. It was a standard paper. A lot of 1 mark questions you can easily drop, a lot of specific stuff. A standard paper IMO

Reaction score
i don't remember the question properly though,anyways
in an organic question in one of the parts they asked which isomerism is it?