• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry p61 (liquid M)

Reaction score
There is two answers for this question as my chemistry teacher said
1- It is hydrocarbon and it's alkane
2- Or simply organic compound and ethanol

Reaction score
guys isnt paper 6 core so y did they give us questions related to organic chemistry thats unfair!

Reaction score
ullahabd said:
guys isnt paper 6 core so y did they give us questions related to organic chemistry thats unfair!

Because most of organic chemistry is core...read the syllabus and don't just write stupid, unqualified assertions.

Reaction score
alexxx04 said:
Because most of organic chemistry is core...read the syllabus and don't just write stupid, unqualified assertions.

so wat if i didnt know wats the big deal evru1 makes mistakes
and remeber u pigheaded jerk u cant call some1 stupid jus bcuz he made a mistake and bcuz not evry1 is a genius as u supposedly think u r :p

Reaction score
I wrote it was an organic substance which doesnt contain starch as its colour was brown and their was 2 marks btw :)
and the colour of the iodide what did u guys write and what happen :) s when getting a splint near it?

Reaction score
Does any one remember the initial difference??????????????????????????

Reaction score
TatsuEG said:
HorsePower said:
what did u guys right about the flame produced by liquid N and wat was the colour of iquid N

I believe there was no flame on N , and I didn't notice "Liquid N" so I wrote purple solid XDDD

Speaking of which, there's another controversial question:

The potassium bromide solution that was in the question. He approached a lighted splint, what would be the result?

I believe it would not burn, and that the splint would be extinguished. This is because only organic solvents burn, so despite the presence of potassium, there would be no lilac flame, because it's in a solution.

If you're in doubt, you can think of it this way. If you have a solution of sodium chloride (same principle, metal halide in a solution) and approach a match, would it burn? Go get some salt and water if you're still stubborn.

My 2 cents.