• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 1 and 2

Reaction score
answer to first one is empirical formula ..
i dont know the physical propeties exctly .. i wrote tht high m.p and b.p.. nd good electrical nd heat conductivity...
the equation was : 2Fr + 2H2O => 2FrOH + H2

Reaction score
Mobeen we have to write physical properties , they were
1. soft metal
2. shiny /silver solid

Reaction score
arnt conductivity nd melting point physical properties .. ?
wht abt conductivity ?

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
no chlorine will not for... y wud it? it was just like the test of a cation Zn2+. But u could write that beaker will get warm as Zinc reacted with HCl first

when zinc will react with hcl, zinc chloride will be formed. when sodium oh will be added zinc hydroxide will form and hence cl- ions will form chlorine and escape

Reaction score
UxaiR said:
1. soft metal
2. shiny /silver solid

Sorry to say, but this aren't physical properties, these are physical appearances.

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
i dont know the physical propeties exctly .. i wrote tht high m.p and b.p.. nd good electrical nd heat conductivity...

You are ABSOLUTELY right. They are all correct

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
syed ali really ? the physicl propertiess are corect ?

of course dear, they are 100% correct. if you find your answer wrong then I am guilty.

Reaction score
Syed Ali said:
Mobeen said:

You are ABSOLUTELY right. They are all correct

Group 1 elements have low melting point and low density and are very soft.
good electrical conductivity is right but high m.p and b.p is wrong.

Reaction score
Syed Ali said:
UxaiR said:
1. soft metal
2. shiny /silver solid

Sorry to say, but this aren't physical properties, these are physical appearances.

but they are still properties

Reaction score
shiny and soft metal is correct because it is also common property of Group1 elements .!!

Reaction score
they hav low densities... low melting points... conduct electricity... r soft , can be cut by knife.... are silvery white in appearance....

Reaction score
Syed Ali said:
Mobeen said:
syed ali really ? the physicl propertiess are corect ?

of course dear, they are 100% correct. if you find your answer wrong then I am guilty.

Gulity as charged.... :mrgreen:

the properties r wrong....the properties asked were for Group 1st metals so ....
they have low boiling and melting points....

Reaction score
NO HARD FEELINGS!!!!!!
WTH guys what are you doing yaar giving tension!!!only write those answers which are 100% correct plz yaar i jus got tensed when i read the first few comments about that catalyst question and this francium question!!!

regarding the catalyst question the option was the 1 saying they do not get involved in the reaction because our syllabus in olevels just covers this much although the option saying that they can be organic or inorganic is more appropriate but not at our level!!!

the question regarding francium as it is a group 1 element so any property like low melting and boiling point low density and stuff which a person has mentioned earlier like can be cut with the knife are correct!!!

and i am 100% sure about these answers!!!!

Kindly next time you write an answer either tell that you wrote this and that but dont write k you are correct when you are wrong because the reader who although has written the right answer yet gets tensed even though he is right and you are wrong!!!!!

JAZAKALLAH!!!!!!

Reaction score
um dude you are one huge Idiot. What do you think yeast is?? An organic catalyst....... How can u say u have never studied them. LOL :)

Reaction score
with all due respect::
this question came up when me and my friends were doing combined studies before the exams had started so in order to clarify this point firstly we contacted our teacher and then the examiner(via email) and he told us that in our syllabus the concept of organic or inorganic catalyst is not yet to be applied it is to be studied next year in the A-level!!

next time you post a comment like this kindly confirm it!!!

Reaction score
Rahimamir786 said:
um dude you are one huge Idiot. What do you think yeast is?? An organic catalyst....... How can u say u have never studied them. LOL :)
no hard feelings yaar i was just clarifying my point
JAZAKALLAH :)