• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 12 and 22!

Reaction score
There is this question about which element is in excess. I just did all the working correctly, but at the end, wrote that copper is in excess (Silly I know). The question was of 3 marks. My whole working shows that iron is in excess. How much will it be marked?

Reaction score
well i guess you'll be able to score 2 out of 3 cuz atleast you did the working which showed that iron was in excess :)

Reaction score
There is this question about which element is in excess. I just did all the working correctly, but at the end, wrote that copper is in excess (Silly I know). The question was of 3 marks. My whole working shows that iron is in excess. How much will it be marked?
1 mark is for calculating Mr 2nd for number of moles and stating that there is 1:1 third for stating...

Reaction score
NH3 is the covalent compound. Theres no ions in it. Btw I don't see anyother option there so I wrote N+3 and H-1.

Reaction score
i wrote NH4 1+ and VO3- and nitrogen dioxide i dont think tha N+ ion or H+ ions were in the compound ammonia was released on heating but without adding aluminium foil so cation was NH4 1+

Reaction score
.144g of Al compound X reacts with an excess of water, to produce a gas. This gas burns in O2 to form H2O and 72cm3 of CO2 only. The volume of CO2 was measured at room temp & pressure.
what could be the formula of X?
[C=12, Al=27; 1 mol of any gas occupies 24dm3 at room temp & pressure]