• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 12 Discussion

On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you rate Chemistry Paper 12 for level of difficulty?(1=easy,5=hard)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Now that its been 24 hours since this paper was taken, let's discuss the answers.

For the MCQ regarding general properties of metals, did you guys write '1 and 3'?
For the MCQ regarding tests for hydrogen, oxygen and carbon dioxide gas in three different jars respectively, did you choose lighted splint?

Reaction score
yeah i chose 1 & 3... but for the gases question how can it be lighted splint..? isn't that only supposed to be for hydrogen?

Reaction score
for the metal question i only chose the option in which it said that metals only conduct electricity
it is lighted splint because with hydrogen a pop sound is heard with oxygen it kinda explodes-you know what i mean- and with carbon dioxide it is extinguished (that's why CO2 is used in fire extinguishers) (y)