• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 2

Reaction score
so guys maths paper the most damned paper has ended..lol..i hope we all get at least an A in it..CIE i love you for making a good maths paper ;D

Anywayz, tommorow is our chemistry paper so post any guesses,notes,Q and A you have...good luck :p

And here i start with the following notes:

1) http://www.docbrown.info----------it is the best website for getting O levels Chemistry Notes and also it provides very helpful worksheets which can be solved online and checked automatically.

2) Chemistry notes posted by salmanpak...they are of 22.08 Mb of size..so better hook up on DSL if you are on dial-up and dont forget to thank him for his notes if they benefit you.http://www.mediafire.com/?veeocs84s2jchfj

3) http://www.gcse.com is also a quite cool website for O levels Study purposes so you can take help from it too esp regarding the new topics in the chem syllabus which are not covered in our books.
:beer:

Reaction score
sorry i meant topics..sigh lack of proof reading

topics are such as the macro molecule topic..it hasnt been fully covered in the books (i am talking about federal and discover chemistry)

Reaction score
What is missing in the Federal book from the last topic??? I can't see much of a difference in the past papers questions related to that topic...

Reaction score
have you seen Keypoints Chemistry by Redspot? if you compare it with the federal..federal doesnt fully covers the criteria regarding macromolecules and whats the point of arguing.. arent we going off-topic?

Reaction score
I am not arguing... :) Don't take it that way... I got the paper tomorrow as well, don't want to miss anything! As long as its related to STUDY its not going off topic... If you see Biology Key Points there is difference in it as well... There are a little things in it not not really from the syllabus...

Reaction score
ok dude whatever the case is good luck for your paper :)

my advice: do metals and non-metals pastpapers and organic chem past papers from topical..rest is not needed much but do read whole of the book/keypoints

Reaction score
another qs please..
when the mixture of styrene and butadiene polymerises, the polymer is unlikely to contain only this regular, repeating pattern. Explain why N03 B11 c

Reaction score
amazon said:
another qs please..
when the mixture of styrene and butadiene polymerises, the polymer is unlikely to contain only this regular, repeating pattern. Explain why N03 B11 c
Polymerisation is a random process. Styrene may form a bond with another styrene molecule instead of butadiene. Similarly, two butadiene molecules may join together. So it is unlikely that only this regular, repeating pattern will be produced.

Reaction score
and here a third one from the same paper
2.90 kg of butane entered the cracking tower. After the reaction, 2.16 kg of butadiene had been made
calculate the percentage yield of butadiene :(

Reaction score
Mr. of Butane= 4(12) + 10 = 58
No.of moles of butane used = 2900/58 = 50 mol.
=> No. of moles of butadiene formed = 50 mol.
Mr. of butadiene = 4(12) + 6 = 54
=> Mass of butadiene (theoretical yield) = 50 x 54 = 2700.
Percentage yield of butadiene = 2160/2700 x 100% = 80.0%.
:)

Reaction score
So what we take out is theoretical and what is given in the qs is experimental. Is this always the case. Should I remember it this way?

Reaction score
Yes, you can. The theoretical yield is the one which we calculate using the mass of the reactant. By definition, it is the calculated amount of product that would be obtained if the reaction is completed. The experimental yield is mentioned in the question.

Reaction score
really then u r one of the few like me !!! i love it too but many hate it :x

Reaction score
Chemistry is easy but cant study today! :p probably because tomorrows the last exam and today the maths paper went awesome.