• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper-21

Reaction score
Asked people what they thought of the exam, most thought it was good to easy. I suppose the curve would be high, around 47-49/60 for A

Reaction score
I think it was really easy, as did most around me... I'm not an expert so far as predicting GTs, but I would expect it to be really high compared to the last few years.

Reaction score
It was wayyyyyy too easy, felt like an o lev paper,,,,,but now the other papers will come hard since it was impossibly very easy, it had NO equilibrium questions !,

Reaction score
i dont wanna know if what i will say is discussing a paper or not. if it is please tell me and i will delete my post because i am not willing to discuss but i just have a general question.

if we use hot acidified MnO4 on a double bond which had RCH=CRH it will oxidise to carboxylic acids? if i only oxidized it to aldehyde do i lose marks for that or both are accepted ?

Reaction score
i dont wanna know if what i will say is discussing a paper or not. if it is please tell me and i will delete my post because i am not willing to discuss but i just have a general question.

if we use hot acidified MnO4 on a double bond which had RCH=CRH it will oxidise to carboxylic acids? if i only oxidized it to aldehyde do i lose marks for that or both are accepted ?
in the book it says it first gets oxidised to aldehyde and then Carboxylic acid so i dont think they will deduct marks

Reaction score
It was of 11 marks altogether, question 1. I hope its not paper discussion.. no intention of that