• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 22: Discussion and Grade Threshold

Reaction score
lol i guess it was CL2 and H2O...
So shouldnt it be disproportionation because

Cl2 + H2O ---> HCl + HCLO

Oxidation State of chlorine ----> HCl
0 -1
chlorine ----> HClO
0 +1

Since Cl2 is both oxidized and reduced, it should be a dispropotionation reaction?

Reaction score

0 -1
chlorine ----> HClO
0 +1

Since Cl2 is both oxidized and reduced, it should be a dispropotionation reaction?
i wrote first disproportionation...but cutted coz in our txt bk it was hydrolysis and exothermis reaction...

Reaction score

0 -1
chlorine ----> HClO
0 +1

it was not Cl2 it said Chloride which means it was in a compound,So it was hydrolysis

Reaction score
I also thought it was chlorine :( Mummy. And and in the last question last parts. I am such a silly head that i accidently thought that of aldehyde. So aage ke structures main bhi aldehyde ke reactions hi kare. Will i get marks on ecf?? :(

Reaction score
Hydrolysis is definitely the right answer. I've seen it written in many places, including chemguide. I didn't know though and got that wrong. Oh well, it was just 1 mark. :|

Reaction score
what did you guys get for the mole question?
i think i got something like 3.33x10^-3 or sth and when they said atoms,we had to multiply it by 2 right?

Reaction score
ok my fren she wrote functional grp of G as carboxylic acid :S ...and did all the reaction with..will she get ecf? :S