• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 31 (NEW)

Reaction score
Hey,
It was just a little bit tough, i messd up the concentration question and the one in which we had to make the butylethanoate.
Rest of it was good. :D

Reaction score
I found it HORRIBLLLEEEE
i dnt thnk i did gd cuz it was reallllyy hrddd, i dnt knw but i found it hard.
The format has changd alot, it was nothing like prevs yrs. like NO moles, NO electrolysis, NO preparation is salts.
the organic chem was rlllyy hard and the last qestion was terible

Reaction score
i AGREE...
it was extremely bad
but some parts were pretty easy, some okay but most hard...

Reaction score
Yeh, you got that right, the format was totally different and there were 2 mole questions. The one with the concentration and the one in which you were supposed to prove the metals thing. The last question, the polymer was COOH- and NH2.
I hope thats correct.

Reaction score
I think that the threshold for this term for IGCSE CEMISTRY PAPER 31 will be very low. Just like the previous year threshold.
Atleast i hope so. :D

Reaction score
I think that the threshold for this term for IGCSE CEMISTRY PAPER 31 will be very low. Just like the previous year threshold.
Atleast i hope so. :D

Reaction score
nightwalker221 said:
Yeh, you got that right, the format was totally different and there were 2 mole questions. The one with the concentration and the one in which you were supposed to prove the metals thing. The last question, the polymer was COOH- and NH2.
I hope thats correct.

yup the polymer was somewhat like that...
the moles was horrible...

Reaction score
I felt it was really easy, the questions were not direct but not complicated as well
I went amazing for me,
expecting 72+ :) and A*

Reaction score
What did you guys get for the fist question?
Also was the process thing photo chemical reaction

Reaction score
name a reaction that includes light ? i wrote photosynthesis is that right
name a device that convert chemical energy into electrical ?? i wrote motor but i thought it was a battery

Reaction score
It was photosynthesis because Photo chemical was already written in the statement.
The next one was cell.

Reaction score
guys if I get 75% for chemistry then is it B or C
I estimated and calculated all marks for papers 1,3,6 and it`s 75%