• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 4: How was it?

How was paper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
what did you do to find kp??...coz im sure most kp values are very less..

Assuming this is the equation, because I can't remember what it was , but it was 1:1:2 ___A + B ----> 2C
Total pressure = 5
Initial mole of A&B is 1.0
Mole of B @ equilibrium = 0.21
Moles of A at Equlibium = 0.21
Moles of C at equilibrium = (1-0.21) x 2 = 1.58
You can calculate the pressure of A,B and C.
And then calculate your Kp

Reaction score
Assuming this is the equation, because I can't remember what it was , but it was 1:1:2 ___A + B ----> 2C
Total pressure = 5
correct .. i forgot to multiply by 2 and remembered it after coming out of the hall :/ and it should come 56-57 becoz the same was given in the book but with different concentrations... but kp remains same...

Reaction score
correct .. i forgot to multiply by 2 and remembered it after coming out of the hall :/ and it should come 56-57 becoz the same was given in the book but with different concentrations... but kp remains same...

Oh cool yeah it's 56.6 . Don't worry as long as you showed your working, you'll get ECF.

Reaction score
Total pressure = 5
It wuz 56.6 ryt ?

Reaction score
Total pressure = 5
except at equilibrium 0.5mol of I2 was present....

Reaction score
I got the same answer but its wrong :/
Yeah prolly but cz there was square so it should have been square rooted cz even in equilibrium concentration constant we do that..so u see both are the same thing and should be calculated the same way.......but well i am not sure though....may be its 56.6.

Reaction score
Yeah prolly but cz there was square so it should have been square rooted cz even in equilibrium concentration constant we do that..so u see both are the same thing and should be calculated the same way.......but well i am not sure though....may be its 56.6.
if u have chemistry student book check pg no. 55 and 56... why will you square root it? I have never seen an equilibrium constant calculation bieng square rooted unless there is a relation between two equilibrium constants which require one of them to be square rooted

Reaction score
if u have chemistry student book check pg no. 55 and 56... why will you square root it? I have never seen an equilibrium constant calculation bieng square rooted unless there is a relation between two equilibrium constants which require one of them to be square rooted
no the equilibrium constant value....the partial pressure value of HI thats what I am talking about

Reaction score
May be my answer is wrong so yeah :p i dont know how many marks would be lost. will they give the ecf marks? if so then how much?

Reaction score
well the qs was of 5 marks and i think we will receive 3. 1 for calulation of equilibrium moles. 1 for partial pressure and one for units...
thats good still hahah :p do u remember how many marks that skeletal formula carried? the one in which we have to draw the skeleta formula of the organic compound when it reacts with excess hydrogen and nickel catalyst and the other with the 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine? do u remember how mucj marks did both the parts carry?

Reaction score
thats good still hahah :p do u remember how many marks that skeletal formula carried? the one in which we have to draw the skeleta formula of the organic compound when it reacts with excess hydrogen and nickel catalyst and the other with the 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine? do u remember how mucj marks did both the parts carry?
Its almost a week... how can u expect me to remember that when i didnt remember to multiply HI by 2 ? hahaha :p