• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY PAPER 6 HELP-PLEASEE

Reaction score
Sorry for the capital letters guys but i have my chemistry alternative to practical (paper 6) tomorrow and i am stuck on this question. It is may/june 2014 question question 4 (gi and gii). I sat there for like half an hour and still dont understand the question. Please can someone explain it to me

Reaction score
if its variant 1 then...
g (i) we have to subtract the value from experiment 2 from experiment one to get the volume of HCl used for substance S (only) as in experiment 1 all of substance S is used and half of T is used and in exp. 2 half of T is used as well so if we subtract the two reading we will get the answer.
g (ii) as experiment 2 uses only half of T so 2 multiply by reading from experiment 2 u will get the value of "full" T.
HOPE I HELPED
i have chemistry paper 6 tomorrow as well :D .. GOODLUCK

Reaction score
Another question: This is just a general question; if it asks me a test for example sodium nitrate; how would i know the tests for it? Are there any good notes for tests on compounds like this? My teachers notes only have tests for ammonium, copper, iron 2 and 3 only.

Reaction score
Another question: This is just a general question; if it asks me a test for example sodium nitrate; how would i know the tests for it? Are there any good notes for tests on compounds like this? My teachers notes only have tests for ammonium, copper, iron 2 and 3 only.

i dont think they will ask for sodium nitrate test.. even though if they do the only way to find them is to get the test for sodium and nitrate separately

Reaction score
In a previous chemistry paper 6 question, it said to compare the concentration of 2 substances. In the mark scheme they wrote about using indicators. I wrote that you can compare the temperature of the two by heating each one of them and seeing which one has a greater temperature because the higher the temperature, the higher the concentration. Can cambridge accept answers that are outside of the mark scheme?