• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 6 HELPPPPP

Reaction score
June 2005, Question 4, b (iii)
June 2008, Question 4, e (iii)

how should I know which solution is more concentrated?
it's so confusing

Reaction score
it's a frequently asked question, something about the concentrations of the solutions..

MNU

Reaction score
for june 2005 , to neutralise the same conc and vol of calcium hydroxide , less vol of M was used so it must be more concentrated!

MNU

Reaction score
and the same goes for the 2nd one to react with the solutions, vol of potassium manganate used in 1st expt was more so A must be more concentrated

Reaction score
so when it is a neutralisation reaction, the smaller volume is the more concentrated one
and if it's not, the bigger volume is the more concentrated one?

MNU

Reaction score
in the 2nd one we do not know the concentration of a and b but we know that for the same concentration of potassium manganate more volume is needed to react witn A so it must be more concentrated

Reaction score
and if it's a neutralisation reaction, the smaller volume is more concentrated, right?

Reaction score
The concentration of the HCL in the first experiment is more, because as it has more particles per unit area, not much volume is required.

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do the last question on every past paper, i always have problems with it. Is there any topic to revise or anything to study for these type of questions from?

Reaction score
I have the same doubt ^^
& how do we know for the cation & anion test that the reaction wont take place or /no change ??

Reaction score
I have the same doubt ^^
& how do we know for the cation & anion test that the reaction wont take place or /no change ??
u can understand that by reading the question for example if they mention in the question that its ammonium chloride n give the test for sulphate so in the observation u'll write "no change/reaction"

Reaction score
u can understand that by reading the question for example if they mention in the question that its ammonium chloride n give the test for sulphate so in the observation u'll write "no change/reaction"
okay! thanks :)