• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 61

how was it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
for 6 a i its the whole image would be compressed...so rarefactions and compressions would be more compressed....
For 9 a 1 Im not sure....someone plz help with this question :(

Reaction score
plz here I need ur help urgently for this question physics p3 http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w11_qp_33.pdf q8 part c
I cant understand it at all so plz help me out

THANKS..
dey r syin da motor shown is similar to an ac generator. da current produced frm da coil eventually reduces. da question is 2 xplain y usin ideas abt induction. in an ac generator, wen a wire is moved between magnets, a current is produced. here, da current in da coil causes a force which moves da wire, in a direction which cn b seen usin da Flemming's Left Hand Rule. as u knw movin da wire between magnets inducin an emf, accordin 2 Flemming's Right Hand Rule, da direction of da induced current opposes da current dat flows frm da battery, so da current falls.

Reaction score
How about the table of results/observations ? what was the conclusion ? I didnt understand what was the gas that formed a white solid on top and turned litmus paper blue ?

I wrote ammonium carbonate btw ...but the question is for 2 marks ...i doubt tht this answer will get both marks !
I wrote tht too...bt one ov my friends has written 'hydrated' ammonium carbonate....i think tht will account fer two marks i guess!! :/

Reaction score
watch wat ya say!
read this, its from wikipedia
i dont think u hafta kno it in sch a detail
i think da crystallization thingy majing is rite :)
"On heating, iron(II) sulfate first loses its water of crystallization and the original green crystals are converted into a dirty-yellow anhydrous solid. When further heated, the anhydrous material releases sulfur dioxide and white fumes of sulfur trioxide, leaving a reddish-brown iron(III) oxide."

Its says WEN FURTHER HEATED....
Who wrote this answer must be a genius and loves chemistry a lot :D
I didn,t think of that answer
I didn't mean any offense but I never thought of such an answer

Reaction score
watch wat ya say!
read this, its from wikipedia
i dont think u hafta kno it in sch a detail
i think da crystallization thingy majing is rite :)
"On heating, iron(II) sulfate first loses its water of crystallization and the original green crystals are converted into a dirty-yellow anhydrous solid. When further heated, the anhydrous material releases sulfur dioxide and white fumes of sulfur trioxide, leaving a reddish-brown iron(III) oxide."

Its says WEN FURTHER HEATED....
difference is they said they were heating the solution not the crystals

Reaction score
hey the first graph i got the last point outside the graph and i got a 43 degrees for the first question?

Reaction score
What did u guys write for the very last question (7 marks) , whay i wrote with all the apparatus set up ,observe the volume of water raised up comparing with the other 3 inhibitors the one with raised more water in least time is less effective as the iron is rusting faster and using up the oxygen gas faster in the air.... is that right ?

Reaction score
hey the first graph i got the last point outside the graph and i got a 43 degrees for the first question?
can anyone answer plz cuz the question want a straight line but it didnt make a straight line for me so the last point was out the straight line and the first question i got it 43 degrees!!?????

Reaction score
can anyone answer plz cuz the question want a straight line but it didnt make a straight line for me so the last point was out the straight line and the first question i got it 43 degrees!!?????
Yea me too ,I didn't get a straight line exactly,I got it 45 but probably 43-44 is the right answer

Reaction score
Who wrote this answer must be a genius and loves chemistry a lot :D
I didn,t think of that answer
I didn't mean any offense but I never thought of such an answer

lol
its a copy paste from wikipedia
i aint a genius~
i just wrote da first part wich ithink is rite :)

Reaction score
Btw , for the analysis part was it ammonium carbonate and weak alkali , or just the carbonate thing , cuz its said ph =10 And turns red litmus blue!