• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 61

how was it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
what did you right for the first question in which they asked for 2 reasons that sulphuric acid is completely reacted

Reaction score
IF I GET 50/60 IS IT STILL A*?? IM WORRIED :''''''(
That's hardly an A, you should get let's say 53 or 54 to be on the safe side. It all depends on the curve really.Plus it might be a low A. Paper 6 is just 20% so yeah cheerup. and forget about what happened today.

Reaction score
what did you right for the first question in which they asked for 2 reasons that sulphuric acid is completely reacted
1)No more solid reacts or dissolves.
2)No more fizzing/bobbles is observed. Bobbles will be Hydrogen as Iron displaces the proton in H2204.

Reaction score
YOU DON'T SAY? All displacement are Exo. Plus be simple. It's Double Displacement. There is no direct clue for being exo they didn't mention anything about temp.
Actually as far as I know it's only metal+acid displacement reactions which are always exothermic.
The answer is displacement OR precipitation reaction. Exothermic, even if true is an abstract answer not based on physical evidence.

Reaction score
That's hardly an A, you should get let's say 53 or 54 to be on the safe side. It all depends on the curve really.Plus it might be a low A. Paper 6 is just 20% so yeah cheerup. and forget about what happened today.
And 50/60 is 86.666 rounding up to 87. If you look at grade thresholds for last year, chem A* was around 67-75, i don't remember.

Reaction score
Actually as far as I know it's only metal+acid displacement reactions which are always exothermic.
The answer is displacement OR precipitation reaction. Exothermic, even if true is an abstract answer not based on physical evidence.
That what I said, They didn't say anything about temp rise. He might have used it in the fules question where they stated temp increase. and No all displacement are Exo. So yeah Double Displacement or Precipitation

Reaction score
1)No more solid reacts or dissolves.
2)No more fizzing/bobbles is observed. Bobbles will be Hydrogen as Iron displaces the proton in H2204.
i messed this one !! i worte the first point but i was stupid on the second !!
any way it was for 2 marks !

Reaction score
what was the answer of what could happen if iron sulphate solution was heated?

Reaction score
In the qualitative analysis table. about the HCL+W , it's worth 3 marks so say

Bubles and Fix as C02 produced. C02 turn limewater milky

Reaction score
We got a badass over here/ how come 75? the Paper 6 is worth 60. Last years May June 2011 grade cruve was 40,40,47
We got a badass over here?
This isn't some sort of war o_O
I'm talking overall mark. 75 PERCENT.
This is the grade threshold for last year
If you look, the total A* percentage for paper 1/3/6 combination is from 67% to 70%
And for paper 6 A*was from 40 to 47 out of 60.
So you're most likely safe, but that was LAST year. I think this year's paper 6 was trickier than last year so it may be lower! Don't worry, there's nothing you can change now anyway so just focus on papers 1 and 3.
Besides losing 10 marks in paper 6 is only ~3.3 percent overall.