• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
tell me something...when we are finding the oxidation numbers of elements in compounds in an equation... do we take the number of molecules in account? Like 2NH3 .. would I take the 2 in account?

Reaction score
Yeah, it's 24 dm^3 per mole, and 1 mole of O2 is 32 g. So basically, 24 dm^3 = 32 g of oxygen at room temperature which is what I did in my calculation. I have always used grams to solve these type of questions and I never get the answer wrong.. I'd be surprised if the examiners wouldn't accept this method..
If u are at ease with working in grams then keep doing so. Try to work in moles from time to time, you never know. ^^

Reaction score
LOL! votre accueil is out of context... what you just said basically means your (as in something that belongs to me) and welcome! (as in welcome to this place) ... what you're supposed to say is "de rien"
oh..well this is embarrassing!..You know french?..or is it translate.google.com?..:p

Reaction score