• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
if the value for electron affinity is not given in the question paper and if we need to knw its value in order to find the lattice energy................is there any way we can find it?'
is it given in the data booklet?

Reaction score
hey please i have few questions in chemistry AS pleaseeeeee someone help me asap exam is on wednesday :(
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...d AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s07_qp_2.pdf which is may/june 2007 paper 2 btw, question 2(d) please for the first column , what is this is compound and what will be its product on oxidation??
Next is http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...d AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s08_qp_2.pdf which is may/june 2008 paper 2 , question 5 (a)ii and 5(e) what structural formula should we write can someone explain!! :(
and please some one post Good chemistry AS notes so i can revise from it tomorrow :(((( and guys hows your preparation going?? pleaseee reply me anyone. Im freaked out

Reaction score
Assalamu Alikum WaRahamatulllah Wabarakatooh

Can anyone explain why is the answer of ( 3 ) (a) (ii) Is K potassium!

chem.PNG

Reaction score
ionic radius increases down the group and across the group it decreases because the atoms gets tightly bound to one another

Reaction score
Hi, so my Chemistry Paper 2 exam is on Wednesday and I'm having a serious problem. I've been doing some past papers and whenever I get to organic questions I just CAN'T seem to answer them. I know the syllabus, it's there in my brain but when I start doing organic questions I just sort of feel a blockage and I can't answer the question. When I attempt the questions, looking at all the structural formulas and things, I become completely overwhelmed and feel hopeless. I'm so worried now, I don't know what to do. I'm on the verge of panic, please help me!

Reaction score
Hi, so my Chemistry Paper 2 exam is on Wednesday and I'm having a serious problem. I've been doing some past papers and whenever I get to organic questions I just CAN'T seem to answer them. I know the syllabus, it's there in my brain but when I start doing organic questions I just sort of feel a blockage and I can't answer the question. When I attempt the questions, looking at all the structural formulas and things, I become completely overwhelmed and feel hopeless. I'm so worried now, I don't know what to do. I'm on the verge of panic, please help me!

Same here :(

tdk

Reaction score
Hi everyone, do u have the Mark Scheme of AS Chemistry Paper 1 and paper 2 (9701/22) of May/June 2012? Especially I need the Mark Scheme of Paper 2 the Exam of which is to be held on November 7, 2012. Plzzzz help me. Thank u in advance.

tdk

Reaction score
Hi everyone, assalamoalaikum!! :)

To get things organized in a better way, I am making this thread. As othewise, some queries remain unanswered!

So post your CHEMISTRY doubts in this thread. InshaAllah members around will help you.

Any Chemistry related notes and links will be added here in this post. Feel free to provide the links to your notes around the forum, or any other websites! :)

Chemistry Notes:

http://www.chemguide.co.uk This is the website, which contains almost everything classified according to the syllabus.

Some links & Notes - by 'destined007'

Chemistry worksheets Link shared by hassam

Chemistry Application Booklet: Mistakes and Corrections!

Calculations for A level Chemistry, author E.N. Ramsden third edition ebook downloaAd.

Regards,
XPC Staff.
Could you please help me? I need the Mark Scheme of AS Chemistry Paper 2 (9701/22) of May/June 2012. The exam of this paper is on November 7, 2012. Thank you in advance.

tdk

Reaction score

To get things organized in a better way, I am making this thread. As othewise, some queries remain unanswered!

So post your CHEMISTRY doubts in this thread. InshaAllah members around will help you.

Any Chemistry related notes and links will be added here in this post. Feel free to provide the links to your notes around the forum, or any other websites! :)

Chemistry Notes:

http://www.chemguide.co.uk This is the website, which contains almost everything classified according to the syllabus.

Calculations for A level Chemistry, author E.N. Ramsden third edition ebook download.

Regards,
XPC Staff.
Dear Bro, Assalamu Alaikum Wr Wb. I'm so happy getting ALL the MS that I can't thank u enough to express my gratitude. May Allah bless u.

Reaction score
what will be the correct equation which represents bond energy of methane???
A: 1/4CH4 -------> 1/4 C + H
B: CH4------> C + 4H ( Ayub's book has mentioned this one )

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb..

B is correct as far as I know..

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb..!!

The bond energy is a measure of the amount of energy needed to break apart one mole of covalently bonded gases. So B is correct!

Reaction score

Chemistry Notes:

Calculations for A level Chemistry, author E.N. Ramsden third edition ebook download.

Regards,
XPC Staff.
Al SAlam Alaikum! please i have few questions in chemistry AS pleaseeeeee help me asap exam is tomorrow :(
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...d AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s07_qp_2.pdf which is may/june 2007 paper 2 btw, question 2(d) please for the first column , what is this is compound and what will be its product on oxidation??
Next is http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...d AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s08_qp_2.pdf which is may/june 2008 paper 2 , question 5 (a)ii and 5(e) what structural formula should we write can someone explain!! :(
and please some one post Good chemistry AS notes so i can revise from it tomorrow :(((( and guys hows your preparation going?? pleaseee reply me anyone. Im freaked out
One more question was how can we find the bond angle when they ask us H-C-H for example and they say suggest bond angles

Reaction score
can anyone explain me the meaning of more exothermic and/or less exothermic? give me values to support explanations please.

Reaction score
can anyone explain me the meaning of more exothermic and/or less exothermic? give me values to support explanations please.
More exothermic means releasing more energy when the reaction occurs. This would be a more negative value, like -3400 kJ/mol. A less exothermic reaction would release lesser heat in comparison to a more exothermic reaction. This would have a less negative value, e.g. -2000 kJ/mol is less exothermic than -3400kJ/mol.
The - sign indicates that the reaction is exothermic, rest 2000kJ is a value lesser than 3400kJ mathematically.