• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
yeah, you're right. it is 40. Then, I have no idea why it says 130 as maximum marks for AS.
Max marks for P3 are 40 :)

The total marks for the syllabus are indeed 140.. but i think the weightage of P3 is 30 marks...

Look at:

2wRB8.jpg

23% at AS Level for P3.. That's only possible if P3 Marks are taken to be 30.

30/(130) *100 = 23%

40/140*100 = 28% .. which is wrong.

I can't say anything else.. lol

Reaction score
The total marks for the syllabus are indeed 140.. but i think the weightage of P3 is 30 marks...

Look at:

2wRB8.jpg

23% at AS Level for P3.. That's only possible if P3 Marks are taken to be 30.

30/(130) *100 = 23%

40/140*100 = 28% .. which is wrong.

I can't say anything else.. lol
Go Get A life Bro :p lol :D

Reaction score
do anyone have chemactive a level chemistry worksheets please upload it the site is down for quite a time i wanted those worksheets. and if some has chemistry mark schemes for all past papers compiled please upload

Reaction score
O/N 11/12 question 3
Can anyone who is good in chemistry solve this?
Use of the Data Booklet is relevant to this question.
From which particle is the removal of an electron the most difficult?
A Cl- (g) B F- (g) C K+ (g) D Na+ (g)

Reaction score
do anyone have chemactive a level chemistry worksheets please upload it the site is down for quite a time i wanted those worksheets. and if some has chemistry mark schemes for all past papers compiled please upload
Can you answer the question posted above please?

Reaction score
O/N 11/12 question 3
Can anyone who is good in chemistry solve this?
Use of the Data Booklet is relevant to this question.
From which particle is the removal of an electron the most difficult?
A Cl- (g) B F- (g) C K+ (g) D Na+ (g)
When an electron is removed from an atom, the nucleus has a stronger hold on the remaining electrons. That is why it is difficult to remove an electron when one has already been removed. This leaves us with option C and D to choose from.
Removal of an electron in the last two cases mentioned involves the second Ionisation Energy.
Use the Data Booklet to check the energy for each, K+ has 3070 while Na+ has 4560 kJ/mol. More energy means it is more difficult to remove an electron.

Reaction score
When an electron is removed from an atom, the nucleus has a stronger hold on the remaining electrons. That is why it is difficult to remove an electron when one has already been removed. This leaves us with option C and D to choose from.
Removal of an electron in the last two cases mentioned involves the second Ionisation Energy.
Use the Data Booklet to check the energy for each, K+ has 3070 while Na+ has 4560 kJ/mol. More energy means it is more difficult to remove an electron.
Untitled.png
Can you answer this also please? Its from the same year and variant is 13.

Reaction score
Sorry but I'm rather unsure about this one yet.

It's okay, with exams coming up that happens too often :p
No, they can be aqueous too.
hahahah thats true , seriously I never felt such pressure before. I knew this too :p They can be aqueous too :p

Reaction score
i cant do most of the questions on aldehydes,ketones,carboxylic acids, alcohols and esters on P1 and P2. My problem is that they ask for substances i've never seen. plz tell me an easy way of solving questions like these.

Reaction score
in a equation how do we know which reactant on change in concentration has no effect on the rate of reaction
eg:
CH3CH=CH2 + I2 -------> CH3CHICH2I

PLZ i need to know its important

Reaction score
Reaction score
i cant do most of the questions on aldehydes,ketones,carboxylic acids, alcohols and esters on P1 and P2. My problem is that they ask for substances i've never seen. plz tell me an easy way of solving questions like these.

Hey, don't freak out on seeing alien compounds. That will a part of the exam most of the times. You just need a knowledge of the functional groups. Forget whatever the R chains must be, just focus on how the functional groups are interacting.