• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
ummm really?? bcz our sir made us write it down... drat if we don't need it btw :D :D
No... u don't need to know it... he probably made u draw it to explain u or something. I mean, i did AS Chem two times, i ddnt come across this at all

Reaction score
I kind of like Bio. It's a cool subject, interesting and all, but terribly long.
I love biology... i relate almost everything to bio... sometimes, i even tend to describe a place the way the cytoplasm is in the palisade mesophyll:p
I hate Chemistry though... i like to discuss it, but its something i will never be able to do myself

Reaction score
plz someone give me a reaction of carboxylic acid with carbonates
syed1995
CH3COOH + NA2CO3 -> CH3COO-Na+ + CO2 + H2O. And now im going to be moving to the AS thread or making an A2 thread for the next paper. Goodnight and good luck to you all, please do remember me in your prayers!

Reaction score
hey every one , all salam alaykum. I have a question what would be produced if a carbon in an alkene involved in the double bon was also bonded to a hydrogen AND a bromine or any halogen and then it was treated with cold dilute manganate ion AND hot concentrated manganate ions ?? Would such a thing be tested in exams 0.o?

Reaction score
Cl2 + 2NaOH --> NaCl + NaClO + H2O

3Cl2 + 6NaOH --> NaCl + NaClO3 + 3 H2O

right?

Reaction score
CH3COOH + NA2CO3 -> CH3COO-Na+ + CO2 + H2O. And now im going to be moving to the AS thread or making an A2 thread for the next paper. Goodnight and good luck to you all, please do remember me in your prayers!
its not balanced :O