• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
FOR B) The values calculated should not be less than the values used to calculate! So for this, all readings are to 2 dp so the values used to calculate the mass of iodine are all to 2dp ours should be as well! The trick is always to do equal dp as readings UNLESS stated otherwise (like sometimes they say (3sf) specifically so follow that in that case! :)

-AS for the second part I'm slightly confused with that also! Can't seep to find a logical reason! xhizors ?

-I think the logical way here, rather the Intuitive way was to calculate I:Zn as we need an answer of 2 for that! Because I:Zn ratio would be 2 if exp showed its validity. That's the only logical reason I can think of!

-ANOMALIES: IF I:Zn ratio differs from the rest by a lot it is an anomalous result!
-If I:Zn is too high (meaning mass ofZn was too low) then means Zn must've been blown out of tube while heating!
-If I:Zn too low (meaning mass if Zn too high) maybe not dried enough!

Any other confusions?
i did answer to that part, b/c examiner stated ratio of I:Zn

Reaction score
can some please help with how to determine avagadros constant through experimentation! please decribe it please!

Reaction score
Salaam Alaykum guys,
Hope everyone's good, could someone please show me there diagram of the apparatus drawn on the May/June 2012 paper 52? please that would be great. q 1 c)

Reaction score
someone please help me in this...
in a few qs such as june/11/52... it is clearly stated above the graph tha DRAW THE LINE OF BEST FIT but in th mark scheme they say that STRAIGHT LINE GAINS ZERO! EXAMINER'S JUDGEMENT FOR BEST FIT CURVES
em confused :(

Reaction score
Hi every one can any body help me in a matter in my cie Alevel exam the question was to draw the structural formula of a isomer instead of structural formula i gave them the displayed formula but all of them were correct so will i get any marks or not its was of 5 marks I am so upset because of this plz guide me !

Reaction score
Hi every one can any body help me in a matter. In my cie Alevel exam the question was to draw the structural formula of a isomer instead of structural formula i gave them the displayed formula but all of them were correct so will i get any marks or not its was of 5 marks I am so upset because of this plz guide me !

Reaction score
Wa al
Salaam Alaykum guys,
Hope everyone's good, could someone please show me there diagram of the apparatus drawn on the May/June 2012 paper 52? please that would be great. q 1 c)
Wa alaykumussalam brother/ sister!
Please post your doubts on the chem p5 tips thread.
regarding the diagram, here:

Attachments

• DSC05144.JPG
    DSC05144.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Thanks Bro.
Its brother. ;)
Names Ali Railey
Thanks a lot mate.
But bro one question, it says u have to show how the solid will be heated? dont u indicate your bunsen burner?
Wa al
Wa alaykumussalam brother/ sister!
Please post your doubts on the chem p5 tips thread.
regarding the diagram, here:

Reaction score
draw 2 lines instead of the triangle like one for x1 and y1 and another line for y2 and x2 and show the line to the intercept as well
could u pleasee explain what u mean by showing a line to the intercept? :( it would be really helpful if u could post a diagram...

Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC05177.JPG
    DSC05177.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 12