• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i am really tired right now and i am in no condition of solving anyways i see most of the questions are sloved already by memebres
Q9 By calculation, it can be found out that two mole of the salt reacts with 1 mole of sulfite. The half equation for the oxidation of sulfur shows us that 2 electrons are lost in the process. This means that the metal in the salt must be reduced and two electrons must be gained. Since two moles of metal ions reacts , the oxidation number decreses from +3 to +2, so that two metal ions can gain a total of two electrons to balance it out.
Q26 Halogenalkane react with NaCN not HCN We use HCN (with trace NaCN) to step up carbonyls. We use NaCN or KCN to step up halogen alkanes.
Q37
1. (Correct) CaO + ND4Cl --> CaCl2 + D2O + ND3
2. (Correct) CH3CN + NaOD + D2O --> CaCOONa + ND3
3. (wrong) NaOD + NDH3Cl --> NaCl + D2O + NH3 or NaCl + DHO + NDH2

Reaction score
i am really tired right now and i am in no condition of solving anyways i see most of the questions are sloved already by memebres
Q9 By calculation, it can be found out that two mole of the salt reacts with 1 mole of sulfite. The half equation for the oxidation of sulfur shows us that 2 electrons are lost in the process. This means that the metal in the salt must be reduced and two electrons must be gained. Since two moles of metal ions reacts , the oxidation number decreses from +3 to +2, so that two metal ions can gain a total of two electrons to balance it out.
Q26 Halogenalkane react with NaCN not HCN We use HCN (with trace NaCN) to step up carbonyls. We use NaCN or KCN to step up halogen alkanes.
Q37
1. (Correct) CaO + ND4Cl --> CaCl2 + D2O + ND3
2. (Correct) CH3CN + NaOD + D2O --> CaCOONa + ND3
3. (wrong) NaOD + NDH3Cl --> NaCl + D2O + NH3 or NaCl + DHO + NDH2
MYLORD and GCE As and a level