• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
When I name an organic compound, how do I apply the numbering? Like if thrs a functional group, the numbering follows the functional group.
But what if there was 2 different functional groups in a compound, which do I follow? Like acid or carbonyl group or carboxyl group etc. Which functional group gets the priority?
Thanks. :X3:

Reaction score
It's easy, just follow the instructions, it says from U to R which means the direction would change (arrow) and positive enthalpy would be reversed by sign. whereas 2nd option is wrong because endothermic is donated by +ve sign

Reaction score
It's easy, just follow the instructions, it says from U to R which means the direction would change (arrow) and positive enthalpy would be reversed by sign. whereas 2nd option is wrong because endothermic is donated by +ve sign
Can u explain clearly why 2nd is wrong? I did the calculation for it like if we're going from T to S we can use T-U and U-S so (-75+92=+17) the answer is + so can be endo, no?

Reaction score
somebody please if you have the chemistry standards booklet please upload it! NEED IT ASAP!!