• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
What did you guys write for the Le Chatelier’s?
Also did you write the complex in table like [Ni(CO)4]^2+ or is it only written like this [NiCO4]^2+

Reaction score
everyone said it was so hard but actually I found only few questions difficult, the one about Ecell and the vaporization thingy. where did you face difficulty in?
I didnt know that ef qn on the first page
And i'm not sure about the order was it 2 and 0?
Yea what was that vapourisation thing.......they didnt bring easy stuff like naming those electrode potentials and entropy

Reaction score
I didnt know that ef qn on the first page
And i'm not sure about the order was it 2 and 0?
Yea what was that vapourisation thing.......they didnt bring easy stuff like naming those electrode potentials and entropy
How was the order of reaction 2 and 0? Wasn't it 2 and 1?
Wth was vapourization question? I never studied about that :(

Reaction score
Anyone who is done with AS Chemistry , any useful tips when carrying out the Salt Analysis question ?
If youre talking about practicals (obv)
There are a couple important things,
-Always make sure you're following the steps, dashed lines indicate continuation of the question, I find many students (including me at times) forgetting this point.
-Write whatever you see (effervescence/ colour change) and also, sometimes wait for some time the colour will change when exposed to air and can indicate a cation here
-Whenever you're dealing with NaOH always wear goggles, and have your damp litmus paper ready since it can be used to indicate NH3
-If the litmus paper doesn't change, you're either left with the possibility of it being Hydrogen, Oxygen or CO2
based on the number of exps I did, usually, its CO2 so write turns limewater milky(even tho you don't need to do it in particular)
-Revise organic notes, Idk if you did the exp but there are years where salt analysis is literally organic and tbh its the easiest because you don't get to confuse like finding out cations and anions
-Don't wet your paper,
-ALWAYS test for solubility in excess, like don't just say insoluble, add more of the reagent and if its insoluble say insoluble in excess
-Make sure you understand the difference between turbid and precipitate
-It will be helpful if you write a list including soluble salts and insoluble salt (can find it in youtube), helps me ALOT in estimating what the compound might be.
- Stay calm and don't do things in a hurry :)

Last edited: