• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
in quesstion 12 ans should be B in it u have to use common sense as accross the group EN inc and Down the group it decreases !! so Be will be the answer asfrom Be to Al we are moving one step in fovour to inc EN and one step down in order to dec EN hence both will cancel each other !

Reaction score
In ques 17 find out epirical formula using percentage it will be values of empirical will be 1:1.5:1.5:10:7
in above eq Ca is 2 so we can do it by ratio method if ca is 1---------- 1.5 of AL so if Cais 2 ---------X
ie al=X=3 si will also be three similar rations C is your ans

Reaction score
Quickly need help !!!! how to do molar calcu lation in 1st question of titration the value of titre is 43.75 !!! need help with full details !!

Attachments

• 9701_s11_qp_33.pdf
    107 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
OCT/NOV 2011, P11, Question 8, about the dissolving of sulfur dioxide in water. Why is the answer A?

Attachments

• 9701_w11_qp_11.pdf
    153.1 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
OCT/NOV 2011, P11, Question 8, about the dissolving of sulfur dioxide in water. Why is the answer A?
i think bcoz according to the bronsted-lowry theory bases are proton acceptors and here it is right ... if u feel any other option correct...u can put tht doubt forward too.!

Reaction score
kindly make a separate topic for A2!
it takes alot of time to scan through the whole page to find questions only for A2 as here majority of the people are asking AS questions

Reaction score
i need help....the cie exams are cuming up in may-june and i still have nowhere to find the other variants of the chem pprs for revision, can anyone help?? i would appreciate....
thanks alot,
and god bless us all to be successful in our lives!!!
"whoever asks questions, will gain knowledge"
"god raises among you the believers and those with knowledge in high degrees" (57:11)

"genius is seeing what everyone has seen and thinking what NO ONE HAS THOUGHT" -ALBERT SZENT-GYORGI(discoverer of vitamin c)

Reaction score
Reaction score
A very simple question:
Empirical formula mass = 30

No, of moles of carbohydrate = 1.8/30 = 0.06
The equation is:
(CH2O)n + (3n/2) O2 --> nCO2 + nH2O
So molar ratio of carbohydrate to CO2 is 1:1
It means No. of moles of CO2 = 0.06
mass of CO2 = 0.06 * 44 = 2.64
Thats why it is D
:)