• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Plz someone solve my doubts:

1. papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge%20International%20A%20and%20AS%20Level/Chemistry%20(9701)/9701_w03_qp_4.pdf for this one explain Q4ci and 4cii and also in question one i had a doubt regarding if we can use tollens, K2Cr2O7 smthn like tht as well?
2. http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_w05_qp_4.pdf
Q5ci plz explain
3. and i wanted to ask is there a difference between H3O+ and H+ because for hydrolysis of amide diff ms have diff so if they r different when do we use each of them?
2) its the same thing H3O or H+(aq) if you use the latter then the state symbol becomes essential otherwhise it will be taken as a free radical or nascent hdrogen

Reaction score
Can u help me how to do q1 b II.i just don't know where would a coordinate bond be formed,other question like it where we have to form double bond! Are there any specific examples which I should learn or just try my luck in the paper!
its usually common sense you have too apply in this one its common knowledge the NH4+ has a dative covalent bond (H atom donates to Cl-. in others for example CO you have no choice but to draw a simple double bond it would be accepted (mind you the structure is abit different in reality but not needed by cie) and try t see if the valency is being satisfied or not

Reaction score
its usually common sense you have too apply in this one its common knowledge the NH4+ has a dative covalent bond (H atom donates to Cl-. in others for example CO you have no choice but to draw a simple double bond it would be accepted (mind you the structure is abit different in reality but not needed by cie) and try t see if the valency is being satisfied or not
Do u have any examples of compound which have coordinate bond,double bond etc along with their structure!thanks

Reaction score
Read the details given in the question for the compound.
It says it gives white ppt with Br2 aq means it will have a phenol.gives yellow ppt with tri idoform test means there will be COCH3 group present and it is mentioned that it is 1,4 di substituted.so phenol at 1 and COCH3 at 4.got it!

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how to calculate the number of carbons present in the mass spectra when the relative height of the M and M+1 peaks are given as 9 and 0.3? And also how does when the abundance has been given in place of relative height?

Reaction score
I can't relate the cathode equation with overall Eo.u must be having the same problem!
nope i got that . i know the problem but am ignoring it for the sake of getting the paper done . the overall Eo value is not the same as that of a lead-acid battery. what i caannot get is the last part shouldnt the the over E0 change be O