• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i told you that a good reducing agent is the one which oxidises most easily. examples:
Cl- Fl- I-
in the above ions the general equation is
2Cl- -->Cl2 + 2e-
Cl- ion is more stable than I- but Fl- is more stable than Cl-. so strongest reducing agent is I-

Cl F I
none of these are oxidising agents

Na Mg Al
equation when oxidised
Na --> Na+ + e-
This is the equation of ionisation. Na ionise more readily than Mg which is ionises more readily than Al
So Na is strongest
Dude group 7 elements are oxidizing agents cause they're very easily reduced to their halides...the halides in turn are good reducing agents

Reaction score
Suchal Riaz this one:
At a total pressure of 1 ATM, dinitrigen tetra oxide is 50% dissociated at a temperature of 60 degrees, according to the following equation:
N2O4 <---> 2NO2
What's the value if the equilibrium constant, Kp, for the reaction at 60 degrees?

Reaction score
Hiii.
plz can you help me to answer this question:
Explain in bond energy terms why the Haber process involves a high activation energy.

Reaction score
View attachment 43334
helped needed in the diagram .. please
make a conical flask n label its capacity n place solid in it.... place a bunsen burner under it so the first step is complete
from the conical flask put a connecting tube into another conical flask with ice placed around the 2nd flask n both flasks shud have bung....2nd step complete
gas will be collected using 100cm3 gas syringe
Did u get it?

Reaction score
o s
make a conical flask n label its capacity n place solid in it.... place a bunsen burner under it so the first step is complete
from the conical flask put a connecting tube into another conical flask with ice placed around the 2nd flask n both flasks shud have bung....2nd step complete
gas will be collected using 100cm3 gas syringe
Did u get it?
ayesha miss we hav to liiquify gas . condenser wud b used

Reaction score
Guys how should I prepare for the chemisyry MCQ's? Other then doing pastpapers, shall I go over the whole book 2 times At least?

Reaction score
hey has anyone done the oct/nov 2010 variant paper 53 . q2. if you have please send me a copy of how you did it

Reaction score
Reaction score
Just got done with this. It might help any of you like myself who left P5 to the last day. (Well, me, because I really don't care about it. It's such a tiny percentage etc).
What I noticed going through a few papers was some Q2's actually showed you how to do Q1's of other years, so I made a list of the topics asked for in each Q1 and method boldly explained in relevant Q2's.

6dLyFZO.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got done with this. It might help any of you like myself who left P5 to the last day. (Well, me, because I really don't care about it. It's such a tiny percentage etc).
What I noticed going through a few papers was some Q2's actually showed you how to do Q1's of other years, so I made a list of the topics asked for in each Q1 and method boldly explained in relevant Q2's.

6dLyFZO.jpg
Excellent summary