• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
To wat time r u available today,sir :)

Its nearly 9pm here. I think at most i would stay is till 11pm. Even so, i would only check in occasionally instead of staring at the CPU throughout.

It there are too many questions, I might only focus on those that were not answered before, cause some questions are repeated, students can find them answered by doing a search.

Reaction score
upload_2014-6-7_13-31-20-png.44979

can anyone how to solve ques 12 View attachment 45157
ZaqZainab this is how to solve :p

Reaction score
well bro why did you take values of water and ethyl ethanoate as 1?
questions says that there are one mole of water and ethyl ethanoate. :p
and when Kc has no units or when the volume of concentration cancel out, moles can be used in the equation.
[a]/[c][d] = (n(a)n(b)/V)/(n(c)n(d)/V) volume will cancel out giving number of moles only.

Reaction score
questions says that there are one mole of water and ethyl ethanoate. :p
and when Kc has no units or when the volume of concentration cancel out, moles can be used in the equation.
[a]/[c][d] = (n(a)n(b)/V)/(n(c)n(d)/V) volume will cancel out giving number of moles only.
In the question it doesnt say one mole of water o_O

Reaction score
t
In statement 1, 2 moles of ethanoic acid will react with 1 mole of calcium ion as charge on calcium is +2. So compound will be Ca(CH3CO2)2 which has empirical formula CaC4H6O4.
In 2 and 3, both H from CO2H will be removed so empirical formula will be CaC4H4O4 and not CaC4H6O4.
thanku