• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
For why to use digital probe thermometer instead of lab thermometer, I wrote because it has less % error since lab thermometer is 1 dp and digital is 2 dp.
For why the B.P is not 100C but 99.48C, I wrote heat is lost to surroundings.
For the 2nd Q, 1st part, I wrote the more no. Of moles means Delta Twill increase. Since DeltaT is difference between temp of water, which is constant, and temp of solution, the temp of solution increases. So temperature increases as pressure decreases.
For 1st question 1 st part, I wrote Precaution as wear gloves.
For 2nd part, no change at positive electrode and red at negative.
The salt I chose in the experiment 1 and experiment 2 question (Last question of that page I guess, 2 marks) was KCl.
Mass of K2SO4 was around 1.743 g???
Volume needed to dilute was 5 cm3???
For the preparation of solution from mass Of K2SO4, I wrote: Add 1.743 g of K2SO4 To a beaker. Add 50cm3 of water using a burette. Transfer the contents to a volumetric flask. Rinse the beaker. Stopper the flask and shake thoroughly. Add 50 cm3 of water again using a burette to the volumetric flask. Stopper the flask and shake thouroughly.
For the apparatus needed to measure that 5cm3 , I wrote a graduated pipette.
For the question on Expermient1 and experiment 2, which was what happens when you increase the charge from -1 to -2 to -3, I wrote: As the charge becomes more negative, the amount of salt needed to precipitate 1dm3 sol decreases. This is because the concentration of ions increases.

Reaction score
any last minute help on cie a level chemistry paper 5
just revise all the past papers
don't attempt them...just go thru the past questions from 15 to 17 (since they r the latest and one's most according to our syllabus)
find online notes here and there if u can tho i dint use any
m assuming youve already gone thru the book but if u havent id suggest reading the chapter about practical skills from the book
go to chemguideforcie.co.uk if u want to cuz thaz where u can find the best notes for anything related to A Levels chem

but if u dont have the time, just going thru the papers will help

Reaction score
just revise all the past papers
don't attempt them...just go thru the past questions from 15 to 17 (since they r the latest and one's most according to our syllabus)
find online notes here and there if u can tho i dint use any
m assuming youve already gone thru the book but if u havent id suggest reading the chapter about practical skills from the book
go to chemguideforcie.co.uk if u want to cuz thaz where u can find the best notes for anything related to A Levels chem

but if u dont have the time, just going thru the papers will help
Thanks. did you do 51 or 52

Reaction score
Can somebody please explain me how can the two structures be optical isomers. I mean shouldn't the carboxylic grip on the upper side in the second structure face the opposite side to the left I mean. The same applies for the OH in the carboxylic group on the mower side in the second structure.

Attachments

• 20180508_201956.jpg
    20180508_201956.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Guys i have paper 2 chem in like 2 days. Well i'm freaking out. Anyone else taking it? Tips?????

Reaction score
Guys i have paper 2 chem in like 2 days. Well i'm freaking out. Anyone else taking it? Tips?????
well m doing A Levels at the moment
but yess in the last days u r not supposed to do much
just attempt the past papers and read the book n all thruout the year
but for now just relax or go thru ur solved past papers and that's that
and see where u made mistakes in the solved papers

Reaction score
well m doing A Levels at the moment
but yess in the last days u r not supposed to do much
just attempt the past papers and read the book n all thruout the year
but for now just relax or go thru ur solved past papers and that's that
and see where u made mistakes in the solved papers

Well i might as well do what you mentioned rather than pacing all over the place. Thank you so much for the tips and the quick replyyy