• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
anastasia grey113 I know it's weird to ask about it at the moment but are we allowed to give the paper using a Gell pen.....:(
yes ive taken most of my papers like that
i used a pointer this session but for all the 3 sessions b4 ive used gel pens
its totally ok
ive even seen ppl in my centre use ink pens and nobody gives a shit -.-
so its totally ok

Reaction score
Idk but I just heard that you shouldn't attempt paper with ink pen because ink might split while scanning. How much truth lies in this rumour? anastasia grey113
well idk abt that but if that's the case, y would dozens of students use this
but in the instructions it says write in dark blue or black pen
I guess it means any kind of pen
and in a few days a batch from my school will be appearing for Urdu B and their teacher suggested em to use ink pens
so idk
i used pencil for several diagrams and labelling but i did it last year and in several sessions before too, is this a problem? :/
Well yes I agree with haithsoul
its says in the instructions that you may use HB pencils for diagrams or graphs. Tho idk abt labelling.
If you've been getting good grades so far, I don't think this is a problem.
And yes I did attempt p3 for bio last year...it was all diagrams and labellings and I did all that with a pencil
If labelling with pen had been compulsory my component grade, must've slipped...but I got an A.
You can use either for labelling but yes pen is a better...but relabel ur diagram with a pen only if u r sure that u dont have to erase it again.
I'm never sure so I hardly do that lol

Reaction score
well idk abt that but if that's the case, y would dozens of students use this
but in the instructions it says write in dark blue or black pen
I guess it means any kind of pen
and in a few days a batch from my school will be appearing for Urdu B and their teacher suggested em to use ink pens
so idk

Well yes I agree with haithsoul
its says in the instructions that you may use HB pencils for diagrams or graphs. Tho idk abt labelling.
If you've been getting good grades so far, I don't think this is a problem.
And yes I did attempt p3 for bio last year...it was all diagrams and labellings and I did all that with a pencil
If labelling with pen had been compulsory my component grade, must've slipped...but I got an A.
You can use either for labelling but yes pen is a better...but relabel ur diagram with a pen only if u r sure that u dont have to erase it again.
I'm never sure so I hardly do that lol
for eg yesterday for physics i drew the velocity selector diagram capacitors and the last q labelling with a pencil but last year in both physics and chemistry practicals i almost did whole of em with pencil and got A's in them.

Reaction score
for eg yesterday for physics i drew the velocity selector diagram capacitors and the last q labelling with a pencil but last year in both physics and chemistry practicals i almost did whole of em with pencil and got A's in them.
well its completely ok then
use whatever u want to if its for diagrams or graphs