• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL 34 DISCUSSION

Reaction score
Bro it was Mg.. Im like 200% certain about this! ;)
Please clear how, as when i did the confirmatory test, i added NaOH in excess and as per the qualitative analysis notes, Mg is insoluble in excess NaOH and it was when i added so how come it was Mg??

Reaction score
Please clear how, as when i did the confirmatory test, i added NaOH in excess and as per the qualitative analysis notes, Mg is insoluble in excess NaOH and it was when i added so how come it was Mg??

Yes! The given solution gave a white ppt with NaOH and was insoluble in excess NaOH ( I exactly don't remember the observations both mine and in qualitative analysis ) As far as i remember "Mg" is insoluble in excess NaOH and "Al" is soluble in excess NaOH .. Which actually confirmed that it had "Mg" .. Besides this according to many sources FB6 was a liquid solution of Magnesium Sulphate...