• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Practical 34 GT

What do you expect the GT to be?

• <20

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 20-30

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • 30-35

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • 35+

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
For Question2 my mass loss was 0.05 g !! I dont remember exactly.. Initially the mass was 2.01g .. So what i did was i subtracted this 2.01-0.05 to get the remaining mass which was like 1.96g.. And then i found the percentage by (1.96/2.01)*100 .. I guess i didn't read the question properly...

Improvements were: Question 2 was less accurate , to get more accurate results heat crucible for longer time period until you get a constant mass. Lid the crucible for greater degree of mass loss.. What were your answers????

I GUESS I MESSED UP WITH THIS ONE!!
I too wrote the same Problem and improvement and i also suggested that heating should be done till constant mass. And the method to calculate % is fine, as far as i remember, i did it same way i guess, though not sure this question was troubling.

Reaction score
I too wrote the same Problem and improvement and i also suggested that heating should be done till constant mass. And the method to calculate % is fine, as far as i remember, i did it same way i guess, though not sure this question was troubling.

Bro but from this case we get the percentage around 96% whereas everyone is getting there percentage around 5%... Did we had to use mass loss instead of remaining mass...

Reaction score
Bro but from this case we get the percentage around 96% whereas everyone is getting there percentage around 5%... Did we had to use mass loss instead of remaining mass...
Well it's not bro, its sis :p
Anyways, my % was somewhere around 4% i guess, but i don't remember how i calculated it but as far as i can recall, what i did at that moment was correct and most people get around 5%. The question2 was a tough one to handle.

Reaction score
Well it's not bro, its sis :p
Anyways, my % was somewhere around 4% i guess, but i don't remember how i calculated it but as far as i can recall, what i did at that moment was correct and most people get around 5%. The question2 was a tough one to handle.
Oki Sis:) ; Then I guess you divided the mass loss with the overall mass to get the percentage.. Somewhat like this (0.05/2)*100 .. Whereas what i did was (2-0.05/2)*100 :( .. so i got the inverse percentage of you all.. like 100 - 4 = 96% :cry::giggle:

Reaction score
Oki Sis:) ; Then I guess you divided the mass loss with the overall mass to get the percentage.. Somewhat like this (0.05/2)*100 .. Whereas what i did was (2-0.05/2)*100 :( .. so i got the inverse percentage of you all.. like 100 - 4 = 96% :cry::giggle:
Oh, i guess i did this way then as my answer was 4% and don't worry, it was just 1 mark, you still have 39 to go :)

Reaction score
Well i want to ask one thing??? i made a whole lot of a mess in Ques1 ---> i redid the question twice so i actually had to cut/erase (by pen) all my data and redo it again.. Many of my answers were not on the given dotted line... Is that an issue??

Reaction score
Well i want to ask one thing??? i made a whole lot of a mess in Ques1 ---> i redid the question twice so i actually had to cut/erase (by pen) all my data and redo it again.. Many of my answers were not on the given dotted line... Is that an issue??
I did the same in question 2. I don't think it matters as long as the answer is visible.

Reaction score
Guys how many marks are you guys getting on average in Chem Paper 1 --- I get around 30... So Damn Scared!!