• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry practical 34 oct/nov important

Reaction score
Huh how'd you get 56.2? Did you know when you get the average of the results you don't include the outliers..in this case it was around 60 so you ignore it and get the mean of the rest of the 4 results! Which is if i can remember 54.8...uncertainty was 2/54.8 x100

Reaction score
Huh how'd you get 56.2? Did you know when you get the average of the results you don't include the outliers..in this case it was around 60 so you ignore it and get the mean of the rest of the 4 results! Which is if i can remember 54.8...uncertainty was 2/54.8 x100
No you include all numbers..

Reaction score
Lol...it can't be just s^-1...think about it, the rate is how fast something happens per second...even in the heading it showed 1000/time...so the units where 1000cm^3/s or dm^3/s

Reaction score
Lol...it can't be just s^-1...think about it, the rate is how fast something happens per second...even in the heading it showed 1000/time...so the units where 1000cm^3/s or dm^3/s
I am 100% sure it was s^-1 ask your teacher when you go to school next

Reaction score
Btw, can anyone tell me all the cation and anion present properly. Because I did not get any sulphite. I got all of them sulphate

Reaction score
It will not be s^-1. It would be s^-1*10^3..... This question came in 2003... check there.
units cannot be operated with numbers. they are only manipulated with units. and there was only one unit in the expression. i.e second in the denominator. so unit of rate s^-1

Reaction score
units cannot be operated with numbers. they are only manipulated with units. and there was only one unit in the expression. i.e second in the denominator. so unit of rate s^-1
Units are sometime dealt with constant. For example I can write 1m as (1*1000mm)

Reaction score
you don't consider 'outliers' in chem. it's not exactly a statistics paper. and besides, it was just a one mark question. which means you don't have to be a stats genius to answer it. your calculator had to do all the work!;)

Reaction score
Thanx zahra for that. Btw what was your last gas test? the one with the sweet smell

Reaction score
Units are sometime dealt with constant. For example I can write 1m as (1*1000mm)
here you have changed the units entirely, but still you have not multiplied anything with the 'unit' itself. you've done it with the numerical magnitude that the unit is representing. and anyways this was not the case in the paper.;)

Reaction score
It will not be s^-1. It would be s^-1*10^3..... This question came in 2003... check there.
I am 100% sure it was s^-1 ask your teacher when you go to school next
Yousuf has a point there...the units should be s^-1*1000....because usually the rate is 1/time so you get s^-1*1 (which is the same as s^-1) but in this case it was 1000/time...can't believe i didn't think of that!! >.<

Reaction score
Btw, can anyone tell me all the cation and anion present properly. Because I did not get any sulphite. I got all of them sulphate
Cation test
FB5= Fe2+
FB6= NH4+
FB6=MG2+
Anion test gave
FB5 Sulfate
FB6 Sulfite
FB7 Sulfate