• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Theory and MCQ'S

Reaction score
I opened this thread for the upcoming chemistry paper...........any general discussion regarding chemistry or any usefull stuff you want people to know could be posted here........for starting the thread let me tell you something which has been frequently asked........Haber and Contact process

Haber Process.
Catalyst = Iron
Raw Materials = Hydrogen and Nitrogen
Temperature = 450 C
Pressure = 200 ATM

Contact Process
Catalyst = Vanadium 5 Oxide
Temperature = 450 C
Pressure = 2-3 ATM
Raw Materials = Sulphur,Air,Water

Hope it comes in handy ;)

Reaction score
Jezla said:
Umm but in the Contact process isn't the temperature 200C???????

Nope..........The temperature remains the same in both the processes.(Confirmed by the book) :mrgreen:

Reaction score
It states that, within a closed system, the pressure is inversely proportional to the volume of a gas, provided the temperature remains constant.

So if the pressure is 1 atm pressure and the volume is 20 cm cube, and if the pressure is doubled, the volume will become 10 cm cube. Provided temperature for both readings is same.

Reaction score
can smeone help me in phy p31 especially and phy p41
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
in search of urgent need
...............................................................................................................................................

Reaction score
i have difficulty solving thermal properties questions in p41
and in phy p31 i worried abt time management do u have any idea abt da questions
thnxs for ur reply mawak