• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry unit 1 6CH01 Discussion! :)

how did you do

• Total voters
Reaction score
Mcqs were tricky a bit !
the proton question which element did u write? i wrote xenon?
hess law answer was + 97 KJ mol-1 !
yield was 53-54%
why hydrogencarbonate was used i wrote neutralises teh acid :/
which has highest inoization energy i wrote bromine !

i think the highest i.e is krypton as it is a noble gas....yield was 54%.....but was the energy and enthalpy change???

Reaction score
LOL i want it to be 50 an A :D

whoa whoa come down dude!!! :D

nah wont be that much.... will be in the range og 50-55 or even 45-55 to be A... hope so... :p
Lets hope so, fingers crossed. PRAYYY. all thats left to do. Oh and... nail Unit 2 :)

Reaction score
i think the highest i.e is krypton as it is a noble gas....yield was 54%.....but was the energy and enthalpy change???

yayyyy!!! i wrote krypton tooo!!!! whooo!! :D n i couldnt do enthalpy though i was worryd abt the qstns aftr em like hess law n stuff!!

Reaction score
in question 22 there was a question about carbon bonds may be....i drew the p-orbitals and shown pi and sigma bonds is it okay?

Reaction score
l
unit 2 should be easy.... todays papr makes me think it so!... wat do u say?
I can't really tell :/ The thing about unit 2 is there's so much more content in it. So many mechanism and stuff that we have to know. Not big fan of unit 2 but lets just hope to god they have mercy on us..

Reaction score
l
I can't really tell :/ The thing about unit 2 is there's so much more content in it. So many mechanism and stuff that we have to know. Not big fan of unit 2 but lets just hope to god they have mercy on us..

LOL chem as a whole isnt my thing!!! :D
i want it to be in the 40s.....

OMG!!!! yhhh!!!!>..... now that i think of my answrs..... i really hope its in the 40s.... :/

Reaction score
hehehhe yhh!!!.... wat did u write for the 3 qstns that were above it where it said with the 1st i.e n all... ?

the first; Sereljjendkje whatever is lower because it has a lower proton number so the attraction to the positive nucleas is lower and radius is larger and stuff. So its easier to remove.
I think for K or something I said the shielding effect increases because its in a new subshell.. plus the positive nuclear attraction is lower blahblah :)