• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry unit 1 6CH01 Discussion! :)

how did you do

• Total voters
Reaction score
arrows were downward ! "
it has to be... i dunno! :/ Cause, ok, see, basically they put three spaces in the box underneath which was surely for 2NaCl CO2 and H2O and then the NaCo3 would also react with HCl to give those products. So both arrows down. And like the delta H on the left hand side was twice as much if i'm not mistaken cause there were two moles of HCl or something so i multiplied that del. H by 2...

Reaction score
the first; Sereljjendkje whatever is lower because it has a lower proton number so the attraction to the positive nucleas is lower and radius is larger and stuff. So its easier to remove.
I think for K or something I said the shielding effect increases because its in a new subshell.. plus the positive nuclear attraction is lower blahblah :)

pheewww!!! wrote the same thing!!
both arrows were downwards yeah? please tell me yes? :O
i put up firstly but then i put it down... :(
it was a simple hess's law diagram so up

sureee??? :O

Reaction score
arrows were downward ! "

thank god!!!!!!!!!! :D
it has to be... i dunno! :/ Cause, ok, see, basically they put three spaces in the box underneath which was surely for NaCl 2CO2 and H2O and then the NaCo3 would also react with HCl to give those products. So both arrows down. And like the delta H on the left hand side was twice as much if i'm not mistaken cause there were two moles of HCl or something so i multiplied that del. H by 2...

well gonna lose 1 mark i guess cuz i didnt write HCl... :/

Reaction score
it has to be... i dunno! :/ Cause, ok, see, basically they put three spaces in the box underneath which was surely for NaCl 2CO2 and H2O and then the NaCo3 would also react with HCl to give those products. So both arrows down. And like the delta H on the left hand side was twice as much if i'm not mistaken cause there were two moles of HCl or something so i multiplied that del. H by 2...
yes they should be downwards. it was sodiumhydrogencarbonate with HCl and sodium carbonate with HCl, both react to give NaCl and CO2 and H2O. Both arrows should point from reactants to products so both should be downwards. :)

Reaction score
yes they should be downwards. it was sodiumhydrogencarbonate with HCl and sodium carbonate with HCl, both react to give NaCl and CO2 and H2O. Both arrows should point from reactants to products so both should be downwards. :)

omg!!!!!!! this time i was right!!!! i put it down in the end!!!! :D

Reaction score
did you
did you multiply the Delta H by 2? for NaHCO3 + HCl reaction in the hess's c.?

Reaction score
mcqs were hard :/ what did u guys chose for the one which harms the skin whuch rays?
the lts mcq was it A?