• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry unit 1 6CH01 Discussion! :)

how did you do

• Total voters
Reaction score
In the MC i put Green towards negative terminal because i had in mind that Mno4 turns green in basic solutions :/ but most of my friends put purple color.

Some others MC answers that i remember
1)1st electron affinity of oxygen - Delta H is negative
2) 0---->o-+1e - 1st electron affinity of oxygen
3) (1/4)ch4---->C+4H
4) UV light causes cancer
5) 2-methyl But-2-ene
6) 2,3-dimethylpentane
7) Ca2+ and 02- are isoelectronic
8)Free radical substitution reaction
9)Ethane

Section B
1st question , i didnt understand the question ( it said something like an electron is emitted and a proton is formed :/ ) - I put Xenon as answer
mostly same. :) except i said purple moves to positive

Reaction score
In the MC i put Green towards negative terminal because i had in mind that Mno4 turns green in basic solutions :/ but most of my friends put purple color.

Some others MC answers that i remember
1)1st electron affinity of oxygen - Delta H is negative
2) 0---->o-+1e - 1st electron affinity of oxygen
3) (1/4)ch4---->C+4H
4) UV light causes cancer
5) 2-methyl But-2-ene
6) 2,3-dimethylpentane
7) Ca2+ and 02- are isoelectronic
8)Free radical substitution reaction
9)Ethane

Section B
1st question , i didnt understand the question ( it said something like an electron is emitted and a proton is formed :/ ) - I put Xenon as answer

i put purple towards positive terminal
for the geometric isomers one, i put but-2-ene instead of 2methylbut-2-ene
for the isoelectronic one i dont remember well but there was an Na+ in it :/

the rest are the same :)

Reaction score
oh
i wrote the same thing :D
maaann! I'm so silly i thought they were talking about the electron density map thing. Since its covalent I just drew a circle going around the two carbon bons and no pi bond whatsoever. Do you suppose they'd think my circle thing is the sigma bond gimme a mark? :/ I'm too hopeful, I know

Reaction score
i wrote the same thing :D
kiara I saw charith and them talk about the pi bond thing and my heart sank lol. They were so happy they were dancing. So was until i realized my mistakes. what is my life :( I'm the only one who can successfully manage to fail a perfectly ordinary paper D:

Reaction score
can you guys tell me some of the MCQs, I can't recall most of them, there was one about ions being isoelectronic, the electrolysis of KMnO4,the mean bond enthalpy, the electron affinity of oxygen, first ionization energy of oxygen atom, the systematic naming of a compound.....what else?

Reaction score
Also I just realised I missed calculating the enthalpy change....*face palm*

Reaction score
products i put : NaCl, CO2, and H2O. I balanced it too but forgot the numbers now :p
final answer, i got +96.1 or something
cracking of alkene : horizontal tube with cotton wool soaked in dedocane or dodecane or something XD then heat with a catalyst and collect over water.

please tell me what you wrote for the very last question in the paper!

Yup got the same exactly

Reaction score
Mcqs were tricky a bit !
the proton question which element did u write? i wrote xenon?
hess law answer was + 97 KJ mol-1 !
yield was 53-54%
why hydrogencarbonate was used i wrote neutralises teh acid :/
which has highest inoization energy i wrote bromine !

Everthing same here bro

Reaction score
were we supposed to write name or formula of a suitable compound for an intake of iodide ions?

Reaction score
oh
maaann! I'm so silly i thought they were talking about the electron density map thing. Since its covalent I just drew a circle going around the two carbon bons and no pi bond whatsoever. Do you suppose they'd think my circle thing is the sigma bond gimme a mark? :/ I'm too hopeful, I know

thats right u had to draw a horizontal dumble shaped circle around both carbons as sigma bond and a vertical dumble shaped circle around each carbon as a pie bond!

Reaction score
here is what i did wrong
1.the country and its reason
2.one of the hydrides
3.the ethene and bromine mechanism
4.a part of hess law
However was releaved to have the correct answer (+90 or +96) for the hess law

Reaction score
here is what i did wrong
1.the country and its reason
2.one of the hydrides
3.the ethene and bromine mechanism
4.a part of hess law
However was releaved to have the correct answer (+90 or +96) for the hess law

so probably i lose like max 10 marks and it seems to be fine for an *A*

Reaction score
I have many questions.
1)Where does the color go(purple/green)
2)Which ones were isoelectronic
3)What is sodium carbonate used for in cooking
4)Which moles were we supposed to use in the Hess's cycle
1) orange(na+ ion) goes to negative terminal 2) na+ and O2- are isoelectronic which means same number of electrons 3) someone ive heard said baking soda thats correct i personally said indigestion tables which u consume to neutralize acidity in your stomach 4) it was 2x ur first value as 2 moles of nahco3 so 2x115 add 321.6 getting u an answer like 90.8

Reaction score
1) orange(na+ ion) goes to negative terminal 2) na+ and O2- are isoelectronic which means same number of electrons 3) someone ive heard said baking soda thats correct i personally said indigestion tables which u consume to neutralize acidity in your stomach 4) it was 2x ur first value as 2 moles of nahco3 so 2x115 add 321.6 getting u an answer like 90.8

Freaking cool man i got that !