• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry unit 1 AS

Reaction score
Okay, the exam is on Thursday (starts sobbing and/or hyperventilating), so what do we predict is coming up, what do we know makes a regular appearance, and what questions do we hope the examiners keep hidden in their sock drawers? Personally, I hope that they don't give us any green chemistry or energy cycles. Molar calculations are a given as is something on structure and bonding. Ionization energies are a popular choice...
I don't know, what do you guys think?
And by the way, does anyone have the January mark scheme?

Reaction score
Here's the chemistry Unit 1 Jan 2013 Mark Scheme :)

Attachments

• 6CH01_01_rms_20130307.pdf
    250.9 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Okay, the exam is on Thursday (starts sobbing and/or hyperventilating), so what do we predict is coming up, what do we know makes a regular appearance, and what questions do we hope the examiners keep hidden in their sock drawers? Personally, I hope that they don't give us any green chemistry or energy cycles. Molar calculations are a given as is something on structure and bonding. Ionization energies are a popular choice...
I have the rest too if you need 'em :D

Reaction score
green chemistry is only in unit 2 so dont worry about that

Reaction score
The main thing you should be doing right now is papers....stop reading and do papers even if its twice

Reaction score

Man i have got this pleae just pray for me and no likes required!!!

Attachments

• AS CHEMISTRY CHECKLISTS.doc
    627 KB · Views: 71
Reaction score
Is there any difference b/w displayed and structural formula?
In the displayed formula you have to show all the bonds in the molecule..in the structural formula you do not show all the bonds..u show the important groups like double bonds or functional groups..ex: for ethanol, the structural formula will be CH3CH2OH..if the functional group is in a branching point, u can show it in brackets

Reaction score
th
In the displayed formula you have to show all the bonds in the molecule..in the structural formula you do not show all the bonds..u show the important groups like double bonds or functional groups..ex: for ethanol, the structural formula will be CH3CH2OH..if the functional group is in a branching point, u can show it in brackets[/thanks