• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry unit 2 6CH02 exam.How was it?

Reaction score
We add water(Cold) to both mgco3 and baco3 ... mg will be slightly soluble/ insoluble whereas Ba Will be every soluble

Reaction score
for the previous part of the qs you can test the time required for each of them to produce (co2) / turn limewater milky
Baco3 will produce co2 late/ turn lime water mily later than mgco3 because it is more stable ( less polarizing effect)

Reaction score
or
for the previous part of the qs you can test the time required for each of them to produce (co2) / turn limewater milky
Baco3 will produce co2 late/ turn lime water mily later than mgco3 because it is more stable ( less polarizing effect)
just flame colours of green and colourless?

Reaction score
I dont think you can do flame test.. they said Without using heat and acid .. in flame test you need heat and hcl acid

Reaction score
I don't think that was one of the choices lol... they were;
A) intermolecular forces in water are stronger than that in hexane
B) the hexane molecules can't get in between the ions
C) energy is released when the ions are hydrated
D) the sodium and chloride ions can form hydrogen bonds with the water
... so I'm guessing you went for C?
That makes sense about the acid!
And I don't mean for the titration, I mean for the one about chlorine and bromine! xD

A

Reaction score
WHAT WAS THE ANSWER FOR DIFFERENCE IF WE ADD DILUTE SULFURIC ACID ????????????????