• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry

Reaction score
That's the Biochemistry part of applications in Chemistry, Best is refer to the A level Bio text book, Mary Jones preferably.

Reaction score
would someone describe the point:sodium and potassium in transmission of nerve impulses relating ion solvation and energetics.
This is the point of 11.1(m) of syllabus 9701 :cry:

Reaction score
Mass of solid is 1.75g
mass of water is 25.0

calculate solubility of solid in grams per 100gram of water?

i used formula for solubility =( mass of solid/mass of water) * 100
Is it true? if not tell.

Reaction score
buddy just use the sixth grade RATIO PROPORTION SKILLS ......1.75g in 25g water so how many g in 100g water.....dont make things complicated for urself

Reaction score
I have doubts in electrochemistry. How can you determine which Electrode reaction equation to use when there are a number of them. For example, a reaction between iodine and tin. There are two equations under tin, so which one I should choose?

Reaction score
See when the equation says iodine and tin metal then use the equation where Sn metal is present. If the question says Sn ion, use the equation where Sn ion is present.

Reaction score
Untitled.jpg

How to calculate [Pb 2+]? This is from nov 2011 P41. Thank you in advance!

destined007 said:
See when the equation says iodine and tin metal then use the equation where Sn metal is present. If the question says Sn ion, use the equation where Sn ion is present.

There are cases where the keywords are not mention. What should I do then?

Reaction score
Ksp=[Pb+].([Cl-1])^2 can be seen from the equation
if x is the concentration of Pb, 2x will be the concentration of Cl. 1:2 ratio
2x10^-5= X . 4X^2
X=cube root((2x10^-5)/4)