• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemo P5 tips

Reaction score
in the experiment to investigate how solubility depends on temperature how do we actually change the temperature for different experiments?​
and during the decomposition of nitrates how do we collect oxygen and nitrogen dioxide separately!!!?????lz reply asap!!!!!!!!!!!​

Reaction score
in the experiment to investigate how solubility depends on temperature how do we actually change the temperature for different experiments?​
and during the decomposition of nitrates how do we collect oxygen and nitrogen dioxide separately!!!?????lz reply asap!!!!!!!!!!!​
for the solubility experiment u will need to use a water bath for different temperatures for different experiments and for the decomposition i believe that one gas will be soluble in water and the other will not be soluble

Reaction score
hey can anyone tell me in may.june 09 question no.2 we have to find the solubilities...but my solubilitites are coming more thann 100? is that okay? :)

Reaction score
for the solubility experiment u will need to use a water bath for different temperatures for different experiments and for the decomposition i believe that one gas will be soluble in water and the other will not be soluble
but both oxygen and nitrogen dioxide released in the decomposition of nitrates is soluble in water................................................................?

Reaction score
how do u deal with excess hydrogen? the mark scheme says burn or collect in apparatus.. someone pls elaborate on this!

Reaction score
why we use graduated boiling tubes? :)
the difference between a normal test tube and graduated test tube is that graduated means having measurement lines on them...so basically if you have to draw it or state it....draw lines on the test tube side....or if your writing then just state graduated test tube....hope that helps!

Reaction score
here are some notes on p5..rely hlpful one's!! hope it hlps!:)

Attachments

• Paper 5 Chemistry practical notes.zip
    4 MB · Views: 135