• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chosing right career

Reaction score
Yar I am really perplexed what to do?? Although I am have only completed my AS levels but my father is constantly forcing me to chose a career straight away?? I really have no idea what should I do. I have no intrest in commerce at all. I am a student of engineering. Plzzz give me some advices abt which career to chose???? :(

Reaction score
do watever U wanna do not ur dad!if u choose something that u dont wanna do then u wont be able to cope wid it!trust me!its ur career so u decide.dnt let someone else take that decision for u but u can always ask for suggestions.gudluck!

Reaction score
you can do Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering and etc. Search for the courses which are offered by universities and then decide.

Reaction score
If you are interested in engineering then make your mind of the type of engineering you want to do straightaway. As you need to leave ample time to consider the various tests you need to prepare beforehand.

Reaction score
Do something that is of ur interest , that appeals to you and that you would really enjoy doing.. !!!

Reaction score
browse more and more websites of engineering .!
and you should be engineer of such a catagory in which you are intersted .!!!

convince your dad via talking to him .!! =)

Reaction score
Yar my dad just wants me to chose a career in quick tym. He is not imposing any career on me. And will someone ellaborate abt mechanical, electrical, civil and textile manufacturing?????

Reaction score
Yar I skimmed throughthese eng websites but still unable to make up my mind. Sometimes I start to like mechanical, but sometimes, electronics or aeronautics becomes my first priority. What to do???

Reaction score
then make your choices open. Apply for best 3 fields you like, and then later on you can decide when you get the acceptance :)

Reaction score
Mechanical engineering
this applies the principles of physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It involves the production and usage of heat and power to make tools etc. Core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science, and structural analysis will be studied applied.

Civil engineering
That deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works such as bridges, roads, canals, dams and buildings. The sub-disciplines includes environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, coastal engineering, surveying, and construction engineering.

Textile Manufacturing
It is a major industry. It is based in the conversion of three types of fibre into yarn, then fabric, then textiles. These are then fabricated into clothes or other artifacts.

Reaction score
NUST, UET, LUMS (electrical engineering) are the Top leading engineering universities .

Other are :
1. Pakistan Institute of Engg. and Applied Sciences, Islamabad
2. National University of Sciences & Technology Rawalpindi
3. Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering, Swabi
4. University of Engg. & Technology (UET), Lahore
5. Mehran University of Engg. & Technology (MUET), Jamshoro
6. University of Engg. & Technology (UET), Taxila

Reaction score
Two factors are required for "Good Production" , they are Loving the job , and the ability to do it , Simply pick what you like most no matter how hard it is , how "useless" it seems to be , or how people will think about you.

Remember , LIKE and CAN , If one of them is missing , you'll hate the field. :) May Allah guide us all.

Reaction score
Anybody have any idea regarding the courses available related to genetics? I really, really love genetics but ppl keep on going like 'there's no scope' etc. :(

Reaction score
Do something that you want to do and as you think that I am good in this field whatever field you choose and always feel good to work for a long time in that field and you really enjoy with your work that is the Main thing is work satisfaction and that's the thing reach you top position. And Try to make your father feel proud for you.

Reaction score
Everybody here gave you gr8 advice, i just want to remind you that if you choose engineering then later in career you can change to business or finance etc. Many people do MBAs after BE/BS but i have never heard of someone doing the other way round like go from studying econ in bachelors and then MS in say physics.
Just a point to be noted.