• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE 2012 Oct/Nov discussion!!!

Reaction score
Guys....... I got a question..... Why is the density of pure copper metal high????
Thanks in advance... :)

Reaction score
Guys....... I got a question..... Why is the density of pure copper metal high????
Thanks in advance... :)
since it has only one type of atoms, they are arranged in a regular lattice (similar to that of the solids)
But when there are impurities, the lattice id disturbed, different sized molecules enter which may be bigger in size but say the same mass.....so volume increases and mass (either stays same or sightly increases)..thus ratio M/V fall for impure copper....

Reaction score
Guys can anyone help me with question 3 in paper 32 oct 2010 chemistry 0620? HOW DID THEY GET THE AVERAGE REACTION RATE?

Reaction score
Guys can anyone help me with question 3 in paper 32 oct 2010 chemistry 0620? HOW DID THEY GET THE AVERAGE REACTION RATE?
Well in the first 20 seconds, 48 centimeters cubed of oxygen was given off.

Rate=volume given off, divided by time. Which is 48 divided by 20.
this equals 2.4 centimeters cubed per second

Reaction score
Well in the first 20 seconds, 48 centimeters cubed of oxygen was given off.

Rate=volume given off, divided by time. Which is 48 divided by 20.
this equals 2.4 centimeters cubed per second
I'm sorry but can you please explain how did they get 0.6 for 40 sec and 70 cm cubed?