• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE Grading

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum, and hey guys! :) I appeared for my CIE AS exams in November 2011 and got 2A's(in Mathematics and Chemistry).The individual grades in my subjects were as follows:

1) Mathematics P1 : A, P6 : B, Overall : A ( Percentage uniform mark : 87%)
2) Chemistry P1 : A, P2 : B, P3 : C, Overall : A (Percentage uniform mark : 80%)

My question is, is it possible for me to score A*'s in my A2 exams with these grades in my component papers? Especially Chemistry.. if yes, what would be the minimum mark for my A2 exams, in order for me to score A* grade for my A Level?
Hmm.. for Physics, I'm gonna take Physics AS this June.. and I'm gonna sit for my A Level exams this November.. hopefully I can score A*s for my A Levels, InsyaAllah, Amin. :)

Reaction score
It actually depends on the examiners mood. As u can see from ur AS results, getting A,B,C and still overall A. All you need to do is do ur best and you will get to the A*

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum, and hey guys! :) I appeared for my CIE AS exams in November 2011 and got 2A's(in Mathematics and Chemistry).The individual grades in my subjects were as follows:

2) Chemistry P1 : A, P2 : B, P3 : C, Overall : A (Percentage uniform mark : 80%)

My question is, is it possible for me to score A*'s in my A2 exams with these grades in my component papers? Especially Chemistry.. if yes, what would be the minimum mark for my A2 exams, in order for me to score A* grade for my A Level?
Hmm.. for Physics, I'm gonna take Physics AS this June.. and I'm gonna sit for my A Level exams this November.. hopefully I can score A*s for my A Levels, InsyaAllah, Amin. :)
Walkum Aslam, Same thing happened with me man. I got to know my component grades and there were:
Phy B A D overall A
Chem B A D overall A
i have the same question how cie`s grade system works?
you can see some of the answers here http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/my-as-components-grade-can-i-get-a-now-helpp.11718/

Reaction score
W.S!
It never depends on the examiner's 'mood' because it's all in your performance. You'll need a percentage uniform mark that is 90 or above to ensure an A*. That'll require an immaculate paper, especially in Chemistry. All the best! :)

Reaction score
W.S!
It never depends on the examiner's 'mood' because it's all in your performance. You'll need a percentage uniform mark that is 90 or above to ensure an A*. That'll require an immaculate paper, especially in Chemistry. All the best! :)

Yes, that's what my teacher said to me.. she said that I'll have to do my very best in my A2 level, if I want to get A* grade.. I really want to get straight A*s for my A Level exams.. heheh.. Thank you, btw. :D

Reaction score
i got 82% in AS Chem. if iget a D in P5 component and manage to get an A/B in P4 component can i score more than 80% in A2 ??????

Plz REPLY ASAP

Reaction score

how did you know your percentage uniform marks because in pakistan they do not tell

Reaction score
i had appeared for the 'as' in the last year for MATHS
i had an overall B (B-P1 and A-S1)
i know its impossible to get an A* but is it possible that i can score an A at least in A2 ?? i am appearing for P3 and M1 this year.
is it possible?

Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to say?

Just replying to your previous post.

Well first of all congrats on getting 2 A's, A* in A Levels is totally based on the A2 marks, you need more than 90% in A2 components to get A* for any paper.

Just that your previous post about the A* being based only on A2 marks isnt true. Its true only for members of the Joint Council. In a board like Edexcel if a person got 70% or 80% overall at AS and 90% at A2, they would get an A*. Thats not true for CIE as they are not subject to the council rules.

Reaction score
Yes, that's what my teacher said to me.. she said that I'll have to do my very best in my A2 level, if I want to get A* grade.. I really want to get straight A*s for my A Level exams.. heheh.. Thank you, btw. :D
Guys do any 1 have guess ppr of urdu, accountx, business or Ecoonomics: A Levels?? Do share if u hv it, please !

Reaction score
how did you know your percentage uniform marks because in pakistan they do not tell

First of all, sorry for the very late reply.. heheh.. been busy lately.. hmm.. we all know our percentage uniform marks because it is stated on our slip (not certificate).. I'm not sure about other countries.. sorry.. heheh.. :)

Reaction score
i had appeared for the 'as' in the last year for MATHS
i had an overall B (B-P1 and A-S1)
i know its impossible to get an A* but is it possible that i can score an A at least in A2 ?? i am appearing for P3 and M1 this year.
is it possible?

so, you're not resitting AS, are you? yes, it is possible for you to score an A.. if you get As on your P3 and M1.. btw, this is how the CIE calculate our marks..

P1 - 30% , S1 - 20% , P3 - 30% , M1 - 20 %

so, overall is 100%.. heheh.. :)

Reaction score
then do u guys know how we can find out our percentage uniform marks in countries other than pakistan cz i really want to know!