• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE Grading

Reaction score
so, you're not resitting AS, are you? yes, it is possible for you to score an A.. if you get As on your P3 and M1.. btw, this is how the CIE calculate our marks..

P1 - 30% , S1 - 20% , P3 - 30% , M1 - 20 %

so, overall is 100%.. heheh.. :)
yes i am not resitting! so is that a yes on getting an A? or should i give up hope and start working hard on others subs?

Reaction score
Yes, it is possible for you score an A.. :) you just have to work for it and do your very best on your A2.. heheh.. there are cases where students got a B on their AS and A on their A2 and then overall A.. heheh.. :)

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum, and hey guys! :) I appeared for my CIE AS exams in November 2011 and got 2A's(in Mathematics and Chemistry).The individual grades in my subjects were as follows:

1) Mathematics P1 : A, P6 : B, Overall : A ( Percentage uniform mark : 87%)
2) Chemistry P1 : A, P2 : B, P3 : C, Overall : A (Percentage uniform mark : 80%)

My question is, is it possible for me to score A*'s in my A2 exams with these grades in my component papers? Especially Chemistry.. if yes, what would be the minimum mark for my A2 exams, in order for me to score A* grade for my A Level?
Hmm.. for Physics, I'm gonna take Physics AS this June.. and I'm gonna sit for my A Level exams this November.. hopefully I can score A*s for my A Levels, InsyaAllah, Amin. :)
i heard that in phy ,chem n bio the grade you get in p4 is your overall grade... i dont knw if its really true.. but heard it from so many people.

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum, and hey guys! :) I appeared for my CIE AS exams in November 2011 and got 2A's(in Mathematics and Chemistry).The individual grades in my subjects were as follows:

2) Chemistry P1 : A, P2 : B, P3 : C, Overall : A (Percentage uniform mark : 80%)

My question is, is it possible for me to score A*'s in my A2 exams with these grades in my component papers? Especially Chemistry.. if yes, what would be the minimum mark for my A2 exams, in order for me to score A* grade for my A Level?
Hmm.. for Physics, I'm gonna take Physics AS this June.. and I'm gonna sit for my A Level exams this November.. hopefully I can score A*s for my A Levels, InsyaAllah, Amin. :)
yeah! the only thing you have to focus is to do good in chem p4..as this paper has the highest weightage in all the component papers..:)

Reaction score
Ok, if suppose, you get As in all components in chem or phy or maths, can you get an A* over all??

Reaction score
do we know our uniform percentage mark in pakistan? or is there some way to come to know ... please anyone !!

Reaction score

Can someone here PLEASE tell me what the initial marksheet looks like for AS?
I will get mine insha Allahthis august as I sat for them this May.

someone tell me what it looks like, as in, what information does it provide? Individual component grades and mark?
If not, then how do i know my individual component MARKS (not grades)..

if any of you can send me a sreen shot of your provisional results sheet it'd be a help ! thanks