• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE is running out of questions.

Reaction score
guys can you suggest me, how hard it would be if i take physics subject as a private candidate, especially in practical portion?
I asked myself the same question three months ago. It occurred to me that the money I'm pumping to the school can be used in buying apparatus for practicals, they're not that expensive.

Reaction score
^^^ it would still be a bad idea, calipres and gauges aren't cheap!

Just cuz we break them carelessly doesn't mean they fall from the sky. :cautious:
Your best bet would be to do practicals in a private tuition center. Even if you have to do their practical course 2 times.
It would still be way cheaper than buying your own equipment just for a couple of days of practice. Unless you want to keep on using them in the future.

Reaction score
Hmm ! But time is too short now. Any shortcut will help me. tell me what to do now?
Wait, do you mean you won't do past papers? Because you should, and like 5 repeats sometimes come in a paper. At least do 2002-2003 and as many as you can do from 2011 backwards. You get great practice from a past paper and know which type of questions are going to come.

Reaction score
Wait, do you mean you won't do past papers? Because you should, and like 5 repeats sometimes come in a paper. At least do 2002-2003 and as many as you can do from 2011 backwards. You get great practice from a past paper and know which type of questions are going to come.
em doing dat. but em so nervous that whenever i open a past ppr, i get so scared that i cannot do anything.
btw, i have done june 2002, written and june 09 oral, that it. This was for economics, can u help me in accounts or business studies?? B.Stdz paper3 is from all the course but can u help me in accounts?? I mean what should i practice now, which topics??

Reaction score
em doing dat. but em so nervous that whenever i open a past ppr, i get so scared that i cannot do anything.
btw, i have done june 2002, written and june 09 oral, that it. This was for economics, can u help me in accounts or business studies?? B.Stdz paper3 is from all the course but can u help me in accounts?? I mean what should i practice now, which topics??
I don't take those subjects, I thought you were talking about physics. :p But it doesn't matter anyway because in general, past papers for any subject is pretty important in my opinion. Don't be scared, because those are the type of questions that may come in your paper and if you're scared of these past papers then you might be scared of your paper. Just sit there and try them, you will get a hang of how the past paper questions will be and it eventually won't be that hard.

Reaction score
OMG it really is too late for you. Seems like this is the first time you've ever practiced.
I opened my first past paper after three days i joined a levels, and I'm doing them ever since.
There is no such thing as a 'shortcut' to study a levels, you just have to do past papers.
There are just so many small points not usually mentioned in the book, that you'll pick up in past papers, a levels is all about reasoning.
I haven't opened my physics book in like six months.

Reaction score
OMG it really is too late for you. Seems like this is the first time you've ever practiced.
I opened my first past paper after three days i joined a levels, and I'm doing them ever since.
There is no such thing as a 'shortcut' to study a levels, you just have to do past papers.
There are just so many small points not usually mentioned in the book, that you'll pick up in past papers, a levels is all about reasoning.
I haven't opened my physics book in like six months.
I'm the opposite of you, I barely do past papers.. :)

Reaction score
Where can i find multiplechoice questions plz help and ya they do repeat Q's(lol can make new Q's)

Thanks