• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE is running out of questions.

Reaction score
It happened in chemistry paper 12.
I noticed that some questions had been repeated in the 2011 papers(belonging to 2002-2008 papers) and so I thought that might happen again. So I studied only past papers and i was right! Around 15 questions or so were from the past papers in the exam i gave the next day, of chemistry.

SO I THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN IN PHYSICS.
5 questions or so have been repeated in the w11 papers. So I think loads more will be repeated this time.

And one friendly advice: If there is anything related with elastic collisions and graphs, the answer is usually the one with the symmetrical graph. Just something I noticed, dont mock me if you already know.

Reaction score
Yea I saw the same thing for economics, they repeated like 7 questions.. they're not running out of questions on a whole just for multiple choice. Think of how hard it is to think of 30-40 fresh questions every year, even with a team of people it might be pretty difficult.

Reaction score
Yea I saw the same thing for economics, they repeated like 7 questions.. they're not running out of questions on a whole just for multiple choice. Think of how hard it is to think of 30-40 fresh questions every year, even with a team of people it might be pretty difficult.

Twice* every year.

Reaction score
theyr not running out of questions, it happens every year....like 10-15 questions are repeated, they wanna make it a little bit easier for people who actually studied.
i don't think they wanna make anythin easier....didn't u see the report bout too many people passing n cie wants to make it difficult???

Reaction score
It happened in chemistry paper 12.
I noticed that some questions had been repeated in the 2011 papers(belonging to 2002-2008 papers) and so I thought that might happen again. So I studied only past papers and i was right! Around 15 questions or so were from the past papers in the exam i gave the next day, of chemistry.

SO I THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN IN PHYSICS.
5 questions or so have been repeated in the w11 papers. So I think loads more will be repeated this time.

And one friendly advice: If there is anything related with elastic collisions and graphs, the answer is usually the one with the symmetrical graph. Just something I noticed, dont mock me if you already know.
From which year should I concentrate more?

Reaction score
From which year should I concentrate more?
Every year! You still have 10 or 12 days or something like that. If you do 5 or 6 papers per day, you'll finish everything.
It isn't that CIE is repeating questions from any particular year. In chemistry, the questions repeated ranged from 2002 to 2011! So basically, everything!!!

Reaction score
Every year! You still have 10 or 12 days or something like that. If you do 5 or 6 papers per day, you'll finish everything.
It isn't that CIE is repeating questions from any particular year. In chemistry, the questions repeated ranged from 2002 to 2011! So basically, everything!!!
haa dammit, this hardly helps then. WHy did he make the thread ? We were goona do all the papers anyways lol

Reaction score
haa dammit, this hardly helps then. WHy did he make the thread ? We were goona do all the papers anyways lol
Some people leave out the questions earlier than 2007 because there was a syllabus change then. But everything is important. Everyone probably isn't going for all the papers.

Reaction score
Even if they are repeating y do u ppl want to make a discussion out of it making it come into their notice so that they can start kicking ppl again
Who cares? The paper's already made for us, it aint changing and probably has loads of repeated questions, just waiting to be plucked. If they notice(and some action is taken, which is a remote possibility in itself), then the next batch of students after us are gonna get affected, and why do we need to give a crap about them?

Reaction score
just do papers... practise em.... :) and your best to enter the war :p :D .... MCQs check alot of ur concepts and thinking so.... refer to notes,books etc if you feel you lack anythng :p :) :D ..... I hope we all get A*s Ameen :) best of luck everybody :)
Yeah, but I don't think there is a A* in AS levels.

Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't think there is a A* in AS levels.

i know ;) ... some people are giving AS and A levels.... so they have to get A*s .... at the end.... cuz if you get better grades in as then in a2 and you get most probably A*s at the end? :)

Reaction score
do ny1 ov u have any guess paper of eco, a/cs or business studies or any imp topics especially for a/cs

Reaction score
guys can you suggest me, how hard it would be if i take physics subject as a private candidate, especially in practical portion?

Reaction score
do ny1 ov u have any guess paper of eco, a/cs or business studies or any imp topics especially for a/cs
The best guess papers are the past papers themselves. No other paper is quite as similar as to what you'll get in exams.