• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE Oct/Nov 2018, Edexcel, OCR, IB, SAT, TOEFL resources updated

Reaction score
the AS chemistry 9701 topical theory ms isnt available for the respective questions..can you please help with that?

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
the AS chemistry 9701 topical theory ms isnt available for the respective questions..can you please help with that?
Sure but I'll need more details on that.
Can you please provide the file name of the question papers for which marking schemes are missing?

Reaction score
plz help me out in these questions ! i am sorry for such a long questions but really need help in these

Give brief descriptions of the ways in which fasting and almsgiving are carried out. [10]
Give an account of the Muslim belief in angels and God’s predestination and decree?
What are the main features of the Muslim belief in the line of prophetic messengers (rusul) who were sent before the time of Muhammad?

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
plz help me out in these questions ! i am sorry for such a long questions but really need help in these

Give brief descriptions of the ways in which fasting and almsgiving are carried out. [10]
Give an account of the Muslim belief in angels and God’s predestination and decree?
What are the main features of the Muslim belief in the line of prophetic messengers (rusul) who were sent before the time of Muhammad?
Please post in the appropriate section. Searching your question, this seems CIE IGCSE Islamiyat for which you can post either in CIE (https://xtremepapers.xyz/community/forums/cie.10/) or in CIE IGCSE (https://xtremepapers.xyz/community/forums/cambridge-igcse.11/) forum.

You can also resort to appropriate marking scheme in our papers section (https://papers.xtremepapers.com).

From the marking scheme, I believe this answers your question:

• Fasting is carried out during the month of Ramadan.
  • Adults are expected to fast, though travellers, expectant mothers and the sick can delay.
  • Fasting entails abstention from taking things into the body, food, drink, smoke, and from sexual intercourse.
  • It begins each morning before dawn,
  • and ends at sunset/maghrib prayer.
  • Muslims eat a meal before light and break their fast with a meal in the evening.
  • Many follow the Prophet's example of taking a drink and eating a date.
  • The fast continues until the new moon which marks the next month is seen.
Almsgiving (6 marks max): Main points include:
  • This consists of giving set proportions of possessions for the poor.
  • On savings it amounts to 2.5%,
  • and there are set percentages for other possessions (2 marks max for details).
  • Muslims often give this form of alms for the year at the end of Ramadan.
  • The offerings are often distributed for the Muslim needy by mosques.

Belief in angels is one of the Articles of Belief. So all Muslims must believe in them. Angels are Allah’s servants, and they do not have their own wills, they exist only to serve Allah. They are not like humans because they do not eat or sleep, and they are made of light. Muslims believe in Hazrat Jibrael who was the angel who brought the Qur’an to Hazrat Muhammad (SAW), and also brought the news of a son to Hazrat Maryam. There are many other angels as well. Hazrat Israfil will blow the trumpet at the end of the world, and Munkir and Nakir will question the Muslims in their graves. There are also angels on a man’s right shoulder and left shoulder to record his good deeds and his bad deeds.

Muslims believe that Allah is powerful over all things that happen in the world, and nothing happens unless he wills it. All the things you do are because of Allah’s will and power. But not the bad things, because Muslims believe that Allah only wills the good things, but men carry out the bad deeds themselves. So Allah will reward the good deeds at the last judgement, but he will condemn the bad deeds and will punish the bad-doers by sending them to the fire. The holy Prophet said, This world is a seed-bed for the world hereafter. He meant that the actions that we perform ourselves will give us reward or punishment.

I can't seem to find this in marking schemes. Can you provide a link of question paper where this is from? (in the appropriate section)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Please post in the appropriate section. Searching your question, this seems CIE IGCSE Islamiyat for which you can post either in CIE (https://xtremepapers.xyz/community/forums/cie.10/) or in CIE IGCSE (https://xtremepapers.xyz/community/forums/cambridge-igcse.11/) forum.

You can also resort to appropriate marking scheme in our papers section (https://papers.xtremepapers.com).

From the marking scheme, I believe this answers your question:

• Fasting is carried out during the month of Ramadan.
  • Adults are expected to fast, though travellers, expectant mothers and the sick can delay.
  • Fasting entails abstention from taking things into the body, food, drink, smoke, and from sexual intercourse.
  • It begins each morning before dawn,
  • and ends at sunset/maghrib prayer.
  • Muslims eat a meal before light and break their fast with a meal in the evening.
  • Many follow the Prophet's example of taking a drink and eating a date.
  • The fast continues until the new moon which marks the next month is seen.
Almsgiving (6 marks max): Main points include:
  • This consists of giving set proportions of possessions for the poor.
  • On savings it amounts to 2.5%,
  • and there are set percentages for other possessions (2 marks max for details).
  • Muslims often give this form of alms for the year at the end of Ramadan.
  • The offerings are often distributed for the Muslim needy by mosques.

Belief in angels is one of the Articles of Belief. So all Muslims must believe in them. Angels are Allah’s servants, and they do not have their own wills, they exist only to serve Allah. They are not like humans because they do not eat or sleep, and they are made of light. Muslims believe in Hazrat Jibrael who was the angel who brought the Qur’an to Hazrat Muhammad (SAW), and also brought the news of a son to Hazrat Maryam. There are many other angels as well. Hazrat Israfil will blow the trumpet at the end of the world, and Munkir and Nakir will question the Muslims in their graves. There are also angels on a man’s right shoulder and left shoulder to record his good deeds and his bad deeds.

Muslims believe that Allah is powerful over all things that happen in the world, and nothing happens unless he wills it. All the things you do are because of Allah’s will and power. But not the bad things, because Muslims believe that Allah only wills the good things, but men carry out the bad deeds themselves. So Allah will reward the good deeds at the last judgement, but he will condemn the bad deeds and will punish the bad-doers by sending them to the fire. The holy Prophet said, This world is a seed-bed for the world hereafter. He meant that the actions that we perform ourselves will give us reward or punishment.

I can't seem to find this in marking schemes. Can you provide a link of question paper where this is from? (in the appropriate section)

we definitely need a tldr button with that like button.. coz u should point them to the relevant mark schemes rather than boring everyone to death here... :p

Reaction score
hey uhm its my first using xtremepapers ive seen a lot of quick and helpful replies so i gave it a shot

anyways can someone please please provide me with both the english practical book(latest version) and the teachers guide(latest version) thanks a lot and once again please someone help me i lost them and i hva eno time to buy them once again

Reaction score
hey uhm its my first using xtremepapers ive seen a lot of quick and helpful replies so i gave it a shot

anyways can someone please please provide me with both the english practical book(latest version) and the teachers guide(latest version) thanks a lot and once again please someone help me i lost them and i hva eno time to buy them once again
Can you specify on the book